Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:54:27 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys57cnc mach3 onboard Relay  (Read 5192 times)

Pokeys57cnc mach3 onboard Relay
« on: December 25, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »
Hello there...

Merry Christmas at all  :)

I've searched many many threads about the onboard relays in Pokeys57cnc but ill diddn't find an answer  ???

How can i controll the onboard relays?
I'll need to switch on and off for laser cutting with M3,M4,M7 or M8 ... One of them would be fine.

I doesen't find any solution... Please help.

Maybe someone have setup pictures for Mach3... 8)

And now I wish you much light and inner warmth for the Christmas time,
,happiness and God's blessings for the New Year.

BR CharlyMai

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys57cnc mach3 onboard Relay
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 01:37:59 AM »
Hi, CharlyMai

Scroll to the end of the list in the 'Mapping' section of the settings. You will find Pulse engine related outputs there. See our blog post on that: http://blog.poscope.com/pokeys57cnc-pinout-explained/
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 02:53:29 PM »
I'm new to this. I found this and I'm using it to enable my servo drives however I keep getting a PoKeys plugin detected the following warnings and errors. Motor Enable Signal (axis 1) mapped to an unknown signal. Fix the issues before using your machine. Its quite annoying. Anyway I can get rid of the message as it seems to be working just fine?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 04:54:12 AM »
I assume you are referring to Mach4 plugin and not Mach3...

Check the Mach4 configuration of output signals, especially the output enable signal.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:30:58 AM »
I am referring to the Mach 4 plugin. I have the enables mapped to the onboard relays. In doing so it throws the error of them being mapped to an unknown source.  They are mapped in the mach4 configuration.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 06:33:39 AM »
The motor enable signal (if used) must be mapped to dedicated motor enable signals (on the motor connectors) or the general purpose PoKeys pins. We will update the plugin to allow the use of the relay outputs or open-collector outputs also.
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 03:38:58 PM »
Thank you. That will be much easier than writing script to do it. Im probably going to end up using a relay board like the PoEXT.