Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 11:36:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Third party software and hardware support forums.
| |-+  PoKeys (Moderator: NeoTO)
| | |-+  Pokeys57cnc 10v spindle control only reaches 8.1v
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pokeys57cnc 10v spindle control only reaches 8.1v  (Read 2628 times)
NeoTO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 12:43:18 AM »

The adjustment pot is really small and relatively stiff. Are you sure that you indeed rotated it? Observe the flat region on one side of the pot head.

www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
cncprint.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »

I'am sure that i can turn the pot without any problems. I've bought a special small screwdriver for it. In Mach3 it works without any problems.

garyhlucas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 06:45:03 PM »

Simple test. With the vfd disconnected put a 20K resistor across the pokeys output and vary the input across the range of speeds. If you see the voltage drop off same as for VFD then you will be sure the problem is a combination of low output current from pokeys combined with low input impedence of the VFD.  Back before you youngins were playing with this kind of stuff we had to resort to vacuum tube voltmeters so the meter itself wouldn't pull the voltage down!
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: