Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:27:52 AM

Author Topic: CS- LABS CSMIO IP A and Kollmorgen S603 Servo Amplifier > Analog Mode?  (Read 3906 times)

Can i use the Kollmorgen S603 Servo Amplifier in the analog +-10V Mode without an Encoder?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: CS- LABS CSMIO IP A and Kollmorgen S603 Servo Amplifier > Analog Mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 11:17:01 AM »
Do you mean that the motor has a resolver rather than an encoder and that the servo drive accepts resolver feedback?
If so then yes you can use as long as you have some form of encoder or glass scale feedback from the axis to the CSMIO.
 Usually servo drives can output simulated encoder pulses for a controller and I think the S603 can do that, so you could either use them or I think you mentioned previously you have glass scales on the axes, if so then you can use them instead.
The only thing you need to be aware of when using a glass scales is that if there is any backlash in the  axes then tuning can become problematic.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
i want to connect the linear scales to the csmio ip A, but need the amplifier (setting: analog input, torque mode? ) resolver feedback for propper working?
without the resolver cable is it easyer/cheaper ::)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:02:47 PM »
I think the drive will want feedback even if it is just for commutation but a read of the manual should let you know for sure.
Hood