Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:52:57 AM

Author Topic: Unable to complete RefAllAxisHome  (Read 4657 times)

Unable to complete RefAllAxisHome
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:08:04 PM »
For some reason Reference All Axis Home has quit working. When I reference all, each axis does it thing. You can see that they all turn green. But it will not complete. I have to Disable Mach4 at  which point I get a msg about referencing is complete, however this also de-references all axis's. My Y axis is slaved to my A axis, with home switches on each side. These switches each have a separate input. X and Z each have a switch as well. In my history, I see that X, Y and Z each home, but without that disable, it will not go any further.. Anyone have any idea's on what to try? Btw, I've only setup home switches and no limit switches to make it simpler in the config.

Just discovered that if I click Stop, it will complete referencing and keep it. Still should not have todo this though.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:09:50 PM by cd_edwards »

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to complete RefAllAxisHome
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:20:47 AM »
I am not sure if Mach 4 has implemented the referencing of both ends of a gantry axis. I know this was not working a month or so ago. It could be my plugin. Try removing the A axis from the homing sequence and see if that works.

You might want to send a note to your motion controller manf and ask if this is currently supported. I square my gantry by running it into the stops. Not optimal but works for now.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 09:31:41 AM »
Bring up the mach logging under the diagnostic menu and post the log, then hopefully we can see whats happening or not happening.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »
Guess I should mention I have an ESS attached to the C32 bob. Find attached an log of homing attempt.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:14:24 PM »
Can you post your profile so I can recreate on my machine as my log appears totally different to yours.

DazTheGas
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »
Sure thing.. had to rename my machine.ini to Colten.txt in order to upload it

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 05:34:53 PM »
What version of Mach4 are you using so I can create as near as possible and have you changed anything in the PLC or other scripts ?

DazTheGas
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »
I'm using a current version of Mach4 3130 with latest ESS 186 driver.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 08:38:16 AM »
Well ive tried pretty hard but cant seem to replicate the problem at all, couple of things I did notice is that you have some double entries within your ini, start mach4 then minimize you will find the error dialogs hidden behind.
v3149 is now on ftp so try that.

One thing you could try is from the ESS config/Homing tab remove all axis then just 1 by 1 add each axis doing a home sequence each time until an error occours but there does seem to be some problem with "API: mcAxisHomeComplete() called. axis 5" cant see why its not in your homing sequence.

DazTheGas
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »
I am not sure if Mach 4 has implemented the referencing of both ends of a gantry axis. I know this was not working a month or so ago. It could be my plugin.
Just to be clear - homing is implemented in the plug-in.  All that the Mach4 core does is tell the plug-in when to start homing each axis.

Bob