Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:26:19 PM

Author Topic: Touch probe checking algorithm  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
Touch probe checking algorithm
« on: July 25, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »
Hi All,
I've been using a touch probe for a bit now with pretty good success (touch job, set size, pull away), I am wondering if anyone could help me with how I could do the following probing routine, I couldn't really find anything like it on the forum.

I am using a rotary axis in my router, I have a round bar with a slot in it (in a random position around the bar), this is in the A axis,
I would like to tell the probe to try to come in to 2mm below the diameter of the round bar (this would ensure it is in the slot), but if it hits the bar before this, to stop, pull away 3mm, then rotate the A axis 10°, then try plunging in again, repeat this until the probe is capable of reaching the final depth (2mm below bar diameter).
Once this depth is reached, to then rotate A axis until the probe is activated, then I know where the edge of the slot is.

Thanks,
Tarak ;D

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
Re: Touch probe checking algorithm
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 08:22:04 PM »
Well, I thought I had this one solved, but alas, I don't think I can probe using G31 A10 (my rotary axis).............I just recieve ""CANNOT MOVE ROTARY AXIS DURING PROBING" :'( :'(
Is it possible to see what code is hard coded into G31, I think if I can create a macro that will rotate A axis until it receives a signal on the digitise input, I could sort this out........maybe (he says with his fingers crossed) ;D.

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
Re: Touch probe checking algorithm
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:52:07 PM »
I sort of got this to work..........I say sort of very loosely!
I am using XZA axis, same as a lathe, so I set A axis to be a slave from Y (which I am normally not using), then I set Y axis to the same pin outs as A axis (not ideal I know), I then used G31 Y_ _ in all of my probing commands.
This probed beautifully......now for the hiccup part:
1) A axis DRO will not change
2) I cannot use the Y DRO, because this is a rotational axis and I need the 360 rollover to work
3) Previously the XZA axis shows a correct simulation of what the machine will do, if I change to Y, I will lose my simulation ability.
What to do, what to do........................