Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:22:51 AM

Author Topic: Xbox 360 controller not recognized in MACH3 config.  (Read 16720 times)

Xbox 360 controller not recognized in MACH3 config.
« on: July 21, 2016, 06:40:58 PM »

Downloaded and installed all files listed in the MACH plugins also installed DirectX 2007. I check the controller using windows check controller. The controller is working fine. Opened config Xbox 360 controller the radio button in the controller box shows none the Vendor ID and Product ID shows all zeros.  When I typed in the Vendor and Product ID and close then reopen the numbers returned to zeros.
What am I missing??

Thanks
Bill I
Re: Xbox 360 controller not recognized in MACH3 config.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »
Downloaded and installed all files listed in the MACH plugins also installed DirectX 2007. I check the controller using windows check controller. The controller is working fine. Opened config Xbox 360 controller the radio button in the controller box shows none the Vendor ID and Product ID shows all zeros.  When I typed in the Vendor and Product ID and close then reopen the numbers returned to zeros.
What am I missing??

Thanks
Bill I
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:05:06 PM »
I found the problem. The MACH3 folder was set to read only.  Click on the folder go to properties and turn off read only close.  Open Mach3 go to config plugins enter product and vendor IDs close restart MACH3 and controller worked.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »
Nice find!  Thanks for posting the fix.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
This just solved my problem as well (Mach 3 couldn't detect my Xbox360 remote although windows was having no problem detecting it).

Thanks!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:30:12 PM »
HI,

I realize this thread is somewhat old but since I'm having the exact same issue I thought it would be better than starting a new thread.

I'm using an Xbox360 clone controller. When I input the VID and PID it doesn't stick. I tried the solution above but can't seem to get that to stick either. When I uncheck the box in the properties everything seems to work but when I re-open the folder properties it's checked again. It shouldn't make a difference anyway. If I check the attribute through the command prompt it is not write protected. In fact, I can change anything I want in the folder. I have tried manually changing the PID and VID in the mach3.xml but it gets changed back as soon as I open Mach3.

For clarity, I'm running XP as an admin so this is not a permissions issue. DirectX and .net-framework as well as Windows have all been updated. Mach 3 is the newest licensed version directly from the website.

The years have cost me a lot of hair but this is making me pull out the rest. I spent almost the whole day trying everything I could find that seemed related but I can't get it to work. My hair and I would really appreciate any help we can get.

Thanks
DB

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 02:20:03 AM »
HI,

I realize this thread is somewhat old but since I'm having the exact same issue I thought it would be better than starting a new thread.

I'm using an Xbox360 clone controller. When I input the VID and PID it doesn't stick. I tried the solution above but can't seem to get that to stick either. When I uncheck the box in the properties everything seems to work but when I re-open the folder properties it's checked again. It shouldn't make a difference anyway. If I check the attribute through the command prompt it is not write protected. In fact, I can change anything I want in the folder. I have tried manually changing the PID and VID in the mach3.xml but it gets changed back as soon as I open Mach3.

For clarity, I'm running XP as an admin so this is not a permissions issue. DirectX and .net-framework as well as Windows have all been updated. Mach 3 is the newest licensed version directly from the website.

The years have cost me a lot of hair but this is making me pull out the rest. I spent almost the whole day trying everything I could find that seemed related but I can't get it to work. My hair and I would really appreciate any help we can get.

Thanks
DB
You must press [enter] key AFTER you input each value.
Then remember to save config.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 09:30:18 AM »
Hi:). Changing read only atrributes is not working for me?. There's still 0x0000 what can i do?:(