Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:51:41 AM

Author Topic: pokeys plugin and analog feedrate override causing Mach3 to crash  (Read 3776 times)

This problem has taken me over a year to diagnose.  The problem seemed to be random.  In the middle of a program, a popup window will say "error triggered, attempt to recover?"  the program continues to run but allows no input.  Only option is to close mach.
Tonight I was running a program that crash consistently every time in almost the same spot.  This made it possible to track it down.  It turns out it has something to do with my analog input controlling the FRO DRO.  setting the analog input to something other than the FRO DRO eliminates the error.
Any ideas what may be causing this?  Sure would like to have my override knob back.
I am using a Pokeys 56E, windows 7, mach3.
Thanks!

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: pokeys plugin and analog feedrate override causing Mach3 to crash
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 01:56:47 AM »
We will take a look and let you know.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »
Found a workaround.
ported the analog input to user DRO 1050 in the plugin.  Created a brain to take DRO 1050 a convert to integer using a formula [output = int (a)].  Output this value to FRO 821.  So far it is working.  Can not duplicate the above error with the same program.
I suspect that mach is crashing due to the complex feedrate calculations on a FRO out several decimal places. The FRO is likely fluctuating also due to noise at this resolution.  Maybe I am wrong and the plugin is already rounding to the nearest integer?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 12:22:53 AM »
We have just uploaded a new 'beta' release of the PoKeys software and plugin. The code in the Mach3 plugin was reorganized, which should now avoid problems with FRO.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope