Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:09:40 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys57CNC and probing  (Read 15735 times)

Re: Pokeys57CNC and probing
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »
Update: we have been using 3112, which is the latest dev version with SDK, but have now tested 3124 also.

If you experience any problems with probing, I suggest upgrading the firmware to the latest 4.2.5 version and execute 'Device > Clear settings in device' from PoKeys configuration application to restore the device to factory defaults. Except for the IP address configuration and PoNET (kbd48CNC) devices discovery, all Mach4-related settings should be automatically be configured by the plugin on the first start.

Thanks, going to try this evening.
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »
installed latest 3124, latest firmware 4.2.5 and latest plugin, but still struggling with probing. not sure if it's mach4 issue or not. on the "touch off" module, when I click on the button to find Z, it goes down, touches and retracts as expected. Do it again, then as soon as it touches the plate, it stops dead with error" Cannot transition from MDI to Stop" and disables the pulse engine. When I enable again, click on find Z again, it keeps on feeding down, driving into the touch plate (even when it says probe input is Active) ... just too unpredictable.

I am just going to go creating my own button with an auto z script.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »
Mongoose

Well I do not use the same motion controller as you but the common thing is 3124 Mach ( note I use a ESS with C25 )

I have exactly the same problems the probing Mach4 tab is so flaky its unreal tried to calibrate the probe in Z it did its bob about then drove the probe though a piece of 12 mm MDF I was using ( because I don't trust it ) the probe survived

Some times it goes up to find the surface sometimes down , I have put this down to the probe being to high

The other oddity is that no matter what tool number I have assigned to the probe it uses offset 101

The touch module that you have trouble with is better the TLO touch off is OK measurement is , I don't know what its measuring , there is nowhere in both probing section to input the gauge line lenght of the probe

OK before I am shot down I do Know its a DEV build and is not meant to be used in anger but surly any feed back the team ( or one man ) gets is useful

One last gripe can Newfangled software please keep the manual in step with the current build and screen sets , a brief change log for the dev builds would be great

Sorry for the none constructive post

But that probing screen set has been around for a while it should work or at least give us the paying customers a manual on how to use it , you never know it may well work if used correctly

Stuart
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 12:18:05 PM »
Hi Stuart,

Same here, probing screen is unusable for me or I just don't know how to use it :). I mainly only the use an auto z zero probe, so created a button on the main screen with a script found somewhere on this forum as the new "touch" module also does not work for me.

Anyway, the script works for me, so I am happy just to use that for now.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »
Hi guys,

I have still problems with the probe function in Mach4
When I click on the measure button I get the error message "ERROR: No contact with probe"
When I click on the measure button with the probe grounded I get the error message "ERROR: Probe obstructed"

The Probe light in the Machine Diagnostics is working OK, and lights up when I ground the probe.

I am using the latest versions of mach 4.2.0.3233 and Pokeys 8.13.0.3206 mach4 plugin and Pokeys firmware 4.2.13.

For now I use a modified script found on this forum, but I want to use the standaard advanced mach4 probe functions.

Here is the script I am using now.

local ToolSetter = scr.GetProperty("droprobhighvalue", "Value")
local tool_diameter = scr.GetProperty("droSurfZPos", "Value")
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(0,"G91 G31 Z-15 F250") -- change feedrate and depth to suit
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(0,"G91 Z2 F500") -- change feedrate and retract to suit
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(0,"G91 G31 Z-3 F10") -- change feedrate to suit
mc.mcAxisSetPos(0, mc.Z_AXIS, (ToolSetter - tool_diameter)) -- set dro to height of toolsetter
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(0,"G91 Z5 F500") -- change feedrate and retract to suit, use this Z rectract value for line 7
wx.wxMessageBox("Remove ToolSetter") -- remove if needed
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(0,"G90 Z0 F250") -- move tool to zero,  change feedrate to suit

Did anyone solve this issue?

Regards,

Thom
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:23:33 AM by helicop »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »
Thanks for your response!
But the youtube video link didn't work in that topic.

Regards,
Thom
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 06:43:22 PM »
The external pull-up on v1.2 boards is not required.

Are you able to replicate the issue with probing? We are testing it now and can't make it fail.

NeoTO - could you please clarify this for me?

In the pokeys57CNC manual (26.9.2016) it states that "On PoKeys57CNC v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2 external pull-up resistor must
be used", but here you state the v1.2 does not require it.

I have a NC 3D touch probe setup on a v1.2 with no pull up resistor, and it appears to be working fine in the limited testing I have done... I am however concerned that I may run into issues at some point if I am not connected correctly.

Could you please let me know which is correct - your statement here or the statement in the manual?

Thanks!

Adrian

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 02:22:30 AM »
Hi, Adrian

The revision v1.2 should already have the pull-up on the probe input installed. However, this still needs some additional tests and until these are confirmed, we suggest adding an additional external pull-up.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »
Hi guys,

I have still problems with the probe function in Mach4
When I click on the measure button I get the error message "ERROR: No contact with probe"
When I click on the measure button with the probe grounded I get the error message "ERROR: Probe obstructed"

Did anyone solve this issue?

Regards,

Thom

Thom,

I know this thread is pretty old by now, but I messed around again today, downloaded latest Mach4 and latest plugin, but still can't use the "Touch" function in Mach4 :-(

Sometimes it would work, sometimes it drives through the plate (which luckily I keep in the air) and sometimes I get "Can't transition from RUNNING MDI to STOP" or something similar to those lines.

Just too unreliable, so I also use the same script you use at the moment and also created similar ones to probe X and Y.

It is a real shame the builtin Touch function is unusable, at least for us with Pokeys controllers.