Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:45:50 PM

Author Topic: Galil spindle control (ports and pins)  (Read 4361 times)

Galil spindle control (ports and pins)
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:25:39 AM »
Hi all,

Well I have been making progress on the CNC build. I now have the galil card working well with X,Y,Z axis, Mach3 and CamBam. But, I have spent all day trying to get my spindle control working.

It's just simple on/off control that I am after. I have a relay on the galil card's output 1.

I'm confused with the Ports/Pins inputs and outputs nomenclature, there is also mention of M3, M4, M6, M7, no idea what that is.... The Mach3 Galil manual says output 1 = Pin#41. but does that mean GALIL output 1 is referenced by Mach3 as Pin#41? or something else?  I think I have tried every combination within the ports & pins tabs........ Pulling my hair out here! ??? ??? ??? ???

Re: Galil spindle control (ports and pins)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »
Ah, well after a sleep, I gave it another crack and it now works. I was trying to associate the galil spindle relay on what I thought was output 1 with Pin#41, but I realised that I was working on the EFGH axis block, where the actual relay output is number 9, and the associated Mach pin number is #49..... All good and working now!