Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:12:17 AM

Author Topic: Need a little help please.  (Read 1788 times)

Need a little help please.
« on: June 04, 2016, 07:21:03 PM »
I have a Chinese CNC. I have been using it for about a year now and I will start to say I am no machinist.
I use it to engrave firearms, easy stuff manufacturing model serial number. The thing drives me crazy to say the least and I am finally breaking down and asking for help. Problems listed below
1. If I am going to touch off my tool to zero with the paper method I have to go to settings and click mm in order for it to work right. If I don't and I put the controller on (very small increments) it will travel a long way into the work surface. I have the units set to inches and do all programming in inches. If I send the unit to me it out if I don't hit mm it wil hit the limit switch and go back down.

2. I have once again tried to get the auto zero tool to work. I have the code in and it does what it is suppose to until I go to engrave. It does not travel back down to the work. it seems it does not add the thickness of the touch off pad.

3. The biggest of all of them is my stepper motors. I'm not sure I have them tuned right I keep missing steps and I have read and watched more videos than a little bit.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get I love working on the machine but it frustrates me so bad I don't enjoy it. I want to learn to do more with it.
Re: Need a little help please.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »
Hello I see no one has replied so maybe I can help...... on the #3 question If you have your limit switch wires, data wires, etc.  ran in the same loom as the motor wires without proper grounding this will cause you motors to skip / miss a step , so all you need to do for this is ground all your stepper motors together from one to the other and this will more than likely help stop that  . On the #1 question why do you have to go to mm for it to work right? If you have your settings set to inches you should be able to do everything in inches in the config drop down menu there is a place where you can change the system to inches rather than mm, I use a xbox 360 controller to use as my jog wheel it works great and for under $20 dollars you can pick one up it really helps. I hope this helps with some of your issues if you have any other questions please feel free to ask
Cadcam Man