Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:03:43 AM

Author Topic: Jerk Setting - Derivative of acceleration (in/s^3)  (Read 20296 times)

Jerk Setting - Derivative of acceleration (in/s^3)
« on: June 03, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »
After seeing how much smoother overall as well as how much faster rapids and acceleration can be achieved via another controller I can't believe Mach3 does not have a setting for jerk, I hear it is basically infinite.

Best reliable settings testing jogging on the same machine:
Mach3 + Kflop Motion Control Board: 200ipm rapids and 5in/2^2
KMotionCNC + Kflop Motion Control Board : 300ipm rapids and 10in/s^2

I also have been having issues where I think the acceleration limits set by Mach3 are being ignored possibly related to CV mode resulting in my drives faulting out due to over acceleration. During searching for solutions I came across numerous issues with CV mode which I am guessing are compounded by not being able to tune down jerk. Please, please, please, implement a setting for jerk.

Thanks,
Adam 
Re: Jerk Setting - Derivative of acceleration (in/s^3)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 05:42:53 AM »
No development of mach3 has taken place for years with regards to the internal programming and update releases, I would not get your hopes up too much as all development is being put into mach4 which is having a slow birth as far as offering all the same functionality as mach3 (turn, plasma) improved with speed, interface and code (lua)
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
Re: Jerk Setting - Derivative of acceleration (in/s^3)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 07:42:16 AM »
Yeah.. Totally... The TrajectoryPlanner needs to be improved. There are deceleration violations. If only Brian and Art were working together still...  they lost interest; The market changed. I have to say at this point in time... either go to Linux cnc which has a nice TP now..  Which is a pain in the arse too... Linux is too much trouble to learn if you come from zero knowledge .. and supporting it also is much harder....   Just try to find a computer that will install linux in a hurry...  try to run all your programs in linux... good luck.

I still didn't give up in mach4.. I am constantly checking the development.. and asking Brian... and getting not many answers.

One thing is for sure... give mach4 a good TP and good mill functionality...  I will hang on to PCs for ever.. they are fun. 

cheech