Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:38:40 AM

Author Topic: Error with duplicate name attachments, loses post completely.  (Read 6874 times)

If an attachment happens to have a duplicate name or file extension wrong format, I get a message telling me so and everything typed beforehand is lost, preview for some reason does not work. Type in post add a few pictures and hey presto duplicate name iges instead of igs file extension for exampler and everything disappears, time to start post from scratch. (OS win 8.1, Browser Firefox)

Today I went to post and again forgot to back up text or type in notepad, lost everything and no time to redo so could not post an update due to lack of time. The problem was with file type today as I added an igs file with iges extension, result lost effort and no post until I have time to redo.

Error trapping needs to be done earlier or input saved and user returned to it to allow corrections, just annoying and this is only forum that does this to me.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Error with duplicate name attachments, loses post completely.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
I appreciate your pain.

Our forum posting has been that way for many years now, however, there is a work-around...
When the event occurs, if you click on ‘back’ you get the chance to copy your posting’s text. This can then be pasted directly into the next posting attempt (or to file etc.).

Perhaps not ideal (but until such time as the system is changed)  :-\

Tweakie.
PEACE