Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:32:06 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 + Hicom7766 + Proma THC 150  (Read 26233 times)

Mach4 + Hicom7766 + Proma THC 150
« on: May 06, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »
Hi All,

My system does not work with the THC.
I´m using Mach 4 with hicom 7766 with proma thc 150. All the connections are done accordingly the manufacturers.

In the THC the 'THC up' and 'ARC OK' are always ON as soon I switch ON the plasma unit due to the output voltage of my plasma which is 27Vdc at the torch connections and 0.4 Vdc in the 50:1 divider when in standby mode.

Question:
Is this voltage normal or it should be 0Vdc?

Thanks, Joao
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:47:30 PM by Vital System Support »
Re: Mach4 + Hicom7766 + Proma THC 150
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 01:07:56 PM »
Hello Joao,

Thank you for your purchase, I apologize for the inconvenience that you're having with the installation.

Now with your system, you mention at the THC up/down, and ArcOK signals are always on, and I think there could be caused by two things:

1. Improper wiring/mapping of the signals. Could you send us a picture of the wiring, so we can verify if you had indeed done the wiring correctly. Check the Input LEDs on the HiCON Integra to see if the THC connections are always active. The THC150 document also has a section for performing preliminary testing with a low voltage (0-10V) input if necessary. Also, because a plasma machine works with a high voltage cutter, it is very important to properly wire the earth ground to prevent electrical noise from accumulating in the system.

2. Software issues. If I recall correctly, you had modified the ArcPro screen that we provided with the package, which I assisted you with. Because we can only make guarantees for the components as they are (both hardware and software), we can't guarantee that everything will work properly once a user decides to make modifications outside the scope of the package. Also, there is a chance that you may have set the signals in Mach4 to be active low, in which case, the signal state polarity would be reversed which would cause the signals to register as active when they aren't physically activated. I think this may be something you should consider because the THC150, according to our testing should only have the THC UP or DOWN turned on one at a time, or have them both OFF. If the signal polarity were reversed, it would make sense that they both come up as active, while they are physically turned off.

Also, did you use the Mach4 profile that we had provided on the web? That had most of the configuration done for signal mapping and motion. For the most part, you'd have only needed to change the motor settings to match your motor specs, and set the THC parameters to what your machine required and what kind of material you would need to cut.

For the plasma torch itself, does your torch always feed back 27V DC only when the torch is actually turned on? I think I need a few more details on this.

Please send us an email at support@vitalsystem.com, or give us a call at our office number 1-623-434-5873, and I'll gladly assist you with the setup.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 07:37:03 PM »
HI i did not found where to post so my question is I'm about to buy mach4 i have mach3 with proma THC 150 and GEOKO 540 want to upgrade to mach4 i have a plasma table with hypertherm 1000  any idea if the promo THC 150 can be set up to mach4 or ???
thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:24:59 PM »
Hello,

Yes, the THC 150 can be set up with Mach4. In fact, the Plasma package that we have on our website uses the following components:

- HiCON Integra 6-axis Motion Controller
- THC 150 from Proma elektronika
- Mach4
- Arc Pro Plasma Screen  for Mach4

If you'd like to contact us directly, you can email us at support@vitalsystem.com. Posting here in the forum is alright too :)

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 06:11:52 PM »
Hi,
After SW and FW update, things got better, was able to get tings going that were not working before. Thanks.
But.... THC still out of the game.

System do initiate and do all the cutting job, with the THC UP light always on. Did a few testing with a 10k load and light jumps between THC UP and Down but the Zaxis doesn't move at all.

BTW, using the THC150 from Proma

Any Idea?

BR, Joao
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:50:14 PM »
Hello Joao,

Could you try jogging the Z axis and see if that moves? If jogging doesn't work, and the profile is used as is, then there may be some problems with your wiring. Check the "StepGen" under the HiCON status window, and if that is incrementing but not moving the Z axis, then it is probably some wiring issue.

Also, if your PC has an internet connection, I would also perform a remote log in to see if any configuration is necessary.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »
Hi Marc,

Z axis works fine as it does correctly all the plasma cut sequence as is in your manual.

Yes, The PC has internet connection, let me know when is a good time for you.

Thx, Joao

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »
Hello Joao,

I would recommend taking a look at the LEDs on the THC150 and check to see that the UP/DOWN signals look correct. If it doesn't look correct, then you may have to take a look at the settings on the THC150 itself. You should be able to modify the voltage threshold that controls the height to be maintained.

About how fast the THC moves, this can be regulated with the THC speed slider on the screen.

And remember to keep your ESTOP button handy while testing since you could potentially break something during the setup process. And make sure that the limit signals are also set up, so that the machine will disarm before crashing on the ends of the axis. This is usually the normal safety protocol that is followed during almost all installations.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 02:24:33 PM »
We have added some helpful suggestions in the trouble-shooting section of the plasma system manual.  Some of the problems you mentioned are now addressed in that section.  Please review those and hopefully your system will be ok.

http://www.vitalsystem.com/arcpro

ArcPro Plasma Controls User Guide

thank you
VSI Support Team
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 11:25:36 AM »
Checked, re-checked and checked again, wiring, configuration, etc. Still the same.

One question:

The THC have a testing mode. When I do that, shouldn´t the Z axis go up and down accordingly? During the test the THC alternately switch ON and OFF the THC UP and THC DOWN. This information can be seen in the THC itself, in the Hicom7766 and the mach4 display.

Thx, Joao