Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:23:53 PM

Author Topic: MPG problem  (Read 2766 times)

MPG problem
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:06:34 AM »
Hi I'm working on a CNC mill with Pokeys 56U and  I want to make it work with an old MPG that has 4 terminals A,B,Ground and Positive. Now, I used the MPG manual and connected the terminals to Pokeys board in A=>Pin1, B=>Pin2 and made alll the configurations.
Now I can move the axis when I select the jog mode, but the problem starts when I change axis. When I chose the X axis and turn the handweel it moves correctly, but when I turn to Y axis (Alt A) it starts moving like 7in alone (without moving the handweel) and if I don't move the handweel and press Alt A again the Z axis moves too.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: MPG problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »
1. Do you have the latest Mach3 and PoKeys plugin?
2. Do you have 'Let Pokeys handle MPG jogging' option enabled in the plugin settings?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »
In mach3 I have  3.043 and in Pokeys i have 3.1.55

And yes it's enable Let Pokeys handle MPG jogging

In 'Encoder Settings' I have Encoder1 Enable Checked, Pin1, Pin2, Invert Unchecked, 4X unchecked, DRO 101:...,and Pedant Checked

Thank you.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 11:47:57 PM »
I would strongly suggest to update both the Mach3 and the PoKeys software with the plugin before continuing.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 11:56:10 AM »
Hi NeoTo sorry I have some problems.

I am searching the mach3 and pokeys update but I only found a installer where  I need to have internet in the PC. Now, in the machine I'm working I dont have internet and is difficult connect it.
Do you know if I can download a file with the installer? and can I use the same license?
In the web page of POLABS I can't find the update to pokeys. Can you help me with this too?

thanks for your help.