Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:11:01 AM

Author Topic: Mach3, Mill Wizard not seeing license  (Read 14902 times)

Mach3, Mill Wizard not seeing license
« on: January 06, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
Hi,
I'm running Mach3 on my Win7 laptop and just installed NFS Mill Wizard. I seem to be having  a couple of problems.
One, Mach3 keeps telling me that Mill Wizard is unlic., which it's not. If I bring up the Mill wizard it shows my license as good. I tried to put a copy of the lic. in my Mach3 folder as "MillWizardlic.dat" but M-3 still doesn't recognize it.

The other problem I'm having is in Mill Wizard itself. If I start a new job, say a drill pattern, it doesn't show up on the blue screen in Wizard. I tried reloading the program but no good.

Latest version of Mill Wizard as of 1/5/14.

Thanks for your help,
Rob
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:55:41 AM by Robaroni »
Re: Mach3, Mill Wizard not seeing license
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »
Hi Rob,
there are two different Wizards. The NFS Wizards within Mach3 and the NFS Mill Wizard whitch is a stand alone program for the moment.
You need a seperate license file if you want to use the NFS Wizards within Mach3. In other words everything is ok.

To your problem, fist have a look if the tooltable is in the right location. Config --> tooltable
If not browse to it.

Try opening the simple testfile I have atached

Alex
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:16:08 PM »
Alex,
Thanks, that helped a lot.
The mistake I made was that IO wasn't creating a 'real' Gcode operation just checking the software (trying to engrave with a 1.75mm end mill!)

I get  message when I try to "save and load" stating that "Mach4 is busy" but I'm using Mach3 and it'as not.

Also, isn't this the NFS Mill Wizard I purchased the license for?

Rob
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:48 PM »
No probs.  :)

No, that are the " Mach3 Addons "

see pict.
Alex
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 05:55:27 PM »
I have a separate license and it isn’t working after having to do a clean install of windows7. Checked and both .dat files are in the folder. A week lost over glitches and issues with this software.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »
Uguessedit,

Are you referring to Mill Wizard or the Mach3 Addons?

-Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial