Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:09:40 PM

Author Topic: Homing - switch lights up but won't stop movement  (Read 5375 times)

Homing - switch lights up but won't stop movement
« on: October 01, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
I have a problem with my homing of X/Y axes.  I have the NC switches in series for each axis to 10,11,12.  When I home X or Y they blow through the switch even though it lights up.  The switches work as limit switches by stopping the travel in X/Y.  Soft limit is off, but I do have them 36/0 and 30/0 NEG.  I even unchecked X/Y for limit switches and left as homing only & still won't stop movement.  It's like the switches become inactive when used as homing switches even though they light up.  The weird thing is that Z works fine!  I thought I'd tried every combination over the last couple of days, but I just can't figure it out.  Any suggestions?

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: Homing - switch lights up but won't stop movement
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »
where do you see it light up in the mach screen or else ware. thats first and what version of mach are you running.
mark
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 12:53:24 PM »
V- R3.034.066  When I close any switch it lights up yellow up on the diagnostic screen & trips the reset button.  Since each axis has it's switches in series, tripping one switch lights all three for that axis.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 07:02:50 PM »
it has been a while i do mach 4 now. question have you tried to home each axis individually in the diagnostics screen. what kind of controller are you using. and what are your setting in ports and pins input signals ie limit homing is your active low set the same. luck
mark
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 07:55:59 PM »
I got all my equipment from Keling, Inc which is now Automation Technology.  I took screen shots of the settings. Is it time to upgrade to 4?

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 11:27:55 PM »
ok post the screen shots. as for upgrading thats your call mach 3 still works for many people and in allot of ways is steady software. mach 4 in my opinion is light years ahead of 3 in versatility and use. however it is still young problems can arise and then you have to deal with does my controller do that or when will my controller do that. all in all 4 is the way to go eventually. but you have mach 3 and are setup now even if you decided to upgrade i would solve my limit problem now not drag it with me to mach 4 i can assure it wont get better there. now do you know what kind of controller you are running or parallel port.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 12:29:59 AM »
UC100 motion controller USB to Parallel
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »
I put my WinXP machine on with parallel cable and everything works fine.  So I took some screen shots to see if they help.  I would really like to use my laptop with UC100 cable since it is on the internet.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
hello i havent worked with a uc100 for a long time but lets go back to basics it works from the parallel port that says your bob and wiring should be right. so i would go into the uc diagnostics screen or plug in setup whichever they have and look for the problem with the settings there or if they have a realtime led see it light. if memory serves uc100 is supposed to follow the parallel port setup for ports and pins but somebody could correct me on this. also i would call keiling and see if they can give you some tech support i can try to help and will but they might have seen this problem before. let us know how you make out.
mark