Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 06:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Tangent Corner
| |-+  Tangent Corner
| | |-+  My Electronic Juke Box.
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Electronic Juke Box.  (Read 2172 times)
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2016, 05:36:51 AM »

Just a bit of fun really but it always took me far too long to find the particular CD that I wanted to play in the workshop so I had an ideaÖ
Based on the principle of the IPlayer/Ipod/Ipad I used a Win10 tablet (with some modified software) to become my electronic juke box. It uses itís Wi-Fi to download the tunes from my CDís stored in the cloud and itís Bluetooth to stream the audio to my speaker system. Almost perfect except for two major problemsÖ
1) Windows Update Ė With Win10 you can defer updates but you canít actually turn them off and they do cause problems. The solution was to store all the music on the tabletís SSD then disable the Wi-Fi. Surprisingly, I been able to rip some 80 CDís to the SSD and it has hardly made a dent into itís storage capacity Ė just another 100 or so CDís to go and I will be there.
2) The tabletís 10 inch screen size is just not big enough for my sausage sized fingers. I have tried using a rubber tipped stylus but I really need a larger sized touch screen.
To the rescue came this Win10 based, self-service, kiosk, which was used over the 2015 Christmas  period at the London Westfield ice skating rink - basically for just dispensing tickets. It has a 21 inch touch screen (just right for sausages) and can sync with my master PC for transferring over the completed music data base etc to itís own SSD. Although it has itís own Ďlow levelí, built-in, sound - the selected music is still streamed, via a Bluetooth link, to my sound system so it just requires a mains power connection to do itís thing. I still have a bit of work to do but it looks good for sweet music in the workshop from now on.

Tweakie.

* DSC01876aa.JPG (309.27 KB, 800x536 - viewed 146 times.)

* DSC01874aa.jpg (295.78 KB, 800x998 - viewed 132 times.)

* DSC01875aa.JPG (307.35 KB, 800x536 - viewed 137 times.)

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Chaoticone
South Carolina, US
Administrator

Precision Chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 07:39:45 AM »

That's sweet Tweakie! The sausage tamer!  Grin 

Grin If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. Grin
www.precisionchaos1.com
My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:29:22 AM »

Grin Grin Grin

They used to be such slender and dainty little pinkeys but now that I have turned 50 they have become sausages - C'est la vie.  Grin

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »

Well the idea brewed for a while and then developed. This thread referrs:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,32912.0.html

Tweakie.

* DSC01890b.JPG (196.06 KB, 800x536 - viewed 28 times.)

Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: