Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:10:12 AM

Author Topic: 5c Spindle Cartridge Pre Production  (Read 5795 times)

5c Spindle Cartridge Pre Production
« on: December 24, 2015, 11:58:00 PM »
I'm looking for market feedback to see if there any interest for a Cartridge style 5C Lathe spindle for any DIY Lathe projects or any project that requires 5c collects use. The suggested retail will be $799
specifications are
7009 Abec 7 Duplex bearings
Hardened and ground bearing seats
Front and rear Labyrinth seals
1.375 rear spindle bore for Collect closer tubes
5000 RPM
And any other customer preferred specifications

Adam
Re: 5c Spindle Cartridge Pre Production
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »
Very interesting Adam.
I purchased several of the Dunham units with their air operated closer for custom applications in the past.

I modified the overall length to better accommodate the specific job but other than that they worked very well.

I found very little to compete with them so yours would be much welcomed to consider as an alternative.

Would you offer customizable options for the overall length, spacing between the bearings and the rear tube configuration at or very near the same price ?

Quite interested.
Thanks,
Russ
Re: 5c Spindle Cartridge Pre Production
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 10:42:41 PM »
Very interesting Adam.
I purchased several of the Dunham units with their air operated closer for custom applications in the past.

I modified the overall length to better accommodate the specific job but other than that they worked very well.

I found very little to compete with them so yours would be much welcomed to consider as an alternative.

Would you offer customizable options for the overall length, spacing between the bearings and the rear tube configuration at or very near the same price ?

Quite interested.
Thanks,
Russ

Russ, 
Thank for your interest and  yes, there is lot of room for flexibility in length there is a 4.740 bearing spacer used so that is the max length that can be deducted off the overall length.
 I'm pretty open to suggestions for the rear tube configurations I know if there is 1.375" diameter spindle bore just about any manual or pneumatic collect closer will fit.

Thanks Adam

Adam