Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:57:39 AM

Author Topic: Image button problem!  (Read 4318 times)

Image button problem!
« on: December 19, 2015, 12:31:59 PM »
I made an image button with Inkscape and made it look like metal with a filter.  I saved it, put into the bitmaps of Mach3.  Went into mach screen screen 11 for my ATC screen, clicked on image button add, selected the image from the bitmaps, assigned info code to the button.  When in the Mach3 software and I click on the button, it works but the button changes from light in color then when hit multi times it gets darker and darker until it just looks nothing like it should.  Then when I change screens and go back to the atc screen the button looks normal.

My question is why is this happening!!

JEFF
Re: Image button problem!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:33:48 AM »
Hi Jeff

I don't have a clue, what the reason could be. If you want, I could try it on my machine, to see whether it looks the same on my machine.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »
Klaus, I have still not figured it out.  I make the image button in InkScape, use a filter called sharp metal, and its just a square box.  I do have text in the box that says Zero in the middle upper of the box, with an X in the rest of the box.  The box is made to look like the basic Mach3 screen page 1 X button for X Zero.  The button looks normal at the start, but then when pushed it changes so that the button starts to go dark like there is multiple layers.  When pushed like 8 or more times the button reaches the bottom layer.  I have made my screen now just using the standard button image with machscreen.  It looks fine but just frustrated I can not figure out why the button that I had a filter on is doing this.  I must of tried several different ways and still could not get the image button not to do that weird thing. 

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
Image buttons can sometimes do strange things. I've found that for reliability, it's usually better to have the button image as part of the background and use transparent button images for the actual buttons.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html