Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:46:26 PM

Author Topic: HiCON Board Review  (Read 4849 times)

HiCON Board Review
« on: December 15, 2015, 01:35:46 AM »
I am the crazy guy that decided to build my own laser... what a journey it has been, from the design all the way to the finished product. Nearly 6 months of teaching myself new things. In the end I ended up with a 30 foot laser plate and tube cutter capable of cutting square or round tube up to 24 feet long.

I started out with a company called Camsoft (terrible experience, going to leave it at that) and was making my journey down to figure out what to do next. I always ventured the idea of using Mach but never looked at it as a source that would be able to handle what I could do. After further researched, I came across Mach 4 and wanted to give it a try. With a laser, it is necessary to be able to control all aspects such as the I/O and each individual axis.

After days of research and forum reading I came across Vital Systems. Spent a lot of time on the phone with these guys and ended up having a board overnighted to me. First thoughts unpackaging the item were great. Quality was everywhere throughout the board and uses reputable brands for circuitry components. Had the board wired up in my control box and had the system running my machine in a matter of minutes. There is a bit of a learning curve with Mach 4, but once you learn how to use it, program the screen, write lua, then your limits are your imagination.

The guys at Vital Systems provide hands down the best customer service in the industry. I cannot even explain how wonderful and helpful they are. I am using there arcpro screen for Mach4, which is used to give the height following controls that you find in Mach3 to be available in Mach4. The arc pro screen is the only one of its kind for Mach4. I spent a lot of time with them giving them feedback and things I would like to see and I would receive updates for the program within the same day. This really shows that they are listening and they care about what they have to offer.  

Every question and concern I had they were able to help me. As of right now I have a ton of hours (days) on my board and not a single problem. Absolutely wonderful, and connects to my computer every time. I never have any connectivity problems. It is just a flawless system. I am going to stop preaching about this and say...  buy this board!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: HiCON Board Review
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 02:00:41 AM »
Now that's what I call a recommendation.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 06:32:29 PM »
Wow $350 for  a screenset!

Must have some pretty complex scripts behind it.  Mach4 program is only $200
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »
The $350 price is not just the screen.  There is also a software component that has to be activated in the controller, which control all the sequence of Plasma/THC.  For our forum guests, we are currently offering $150 discount on M4ARCPRO to bring the price down to $200.  Just mention promo code ARCForum2016 in the order notes when you place the order and we will apply this discount.

www.vsys.co/arcpro

regards,
VSI Support Team
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:47:24 PM by Vital System Support »