Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:14:01 PM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-S vs Panasonic Minas A5  (Read 9035 times)

Re: CSMIO/IP-S vs Panasonic Minas A5
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 11:55:59 PM »
Thanks Hood,
since days and I'm not able to upload all the photos! :-[

I have sent the gear name plate, can you find any useful Info that would help with the calculation?

How to get the motor Encoder value? is it written on the motor name plate, or I need to look in the motor manual (which I don't have) ?

UPDATE:

here what I have done to attempt calibrating my rotary "A" axis:

1- I measured the outer circumference of my chuck (1975 mm) and I used Mach3 (Set Steps Per Unit) function at “Setting” tab try and error until I got it somehow“ calibrated”!,
Calibrated means If I used MDI : G1A1975F2000 my chuck would make 1 complete revolution!
 is that even legal?

2- Now, do I need to keep he rotary "A" axis as is or I have to converted into "Rotation axis" by doing the following :

a- Config > Tool Path > Rotations > check the A-Rotations Enabled, and check the "Use Radius for Feedrate."
b- Settings" menu > in the upper right corner is for "Rotation Radius." Since you checked the "Use Radius for Feedrate" in the Toolpath menu, here is where the part Radius is entered to make the axis's move in sync. Enter some general value, like 2.00 if you are using "Inches". If you are doing a real job, you should enter the actual part radius. (is this a must every time I make a new pipe cutting)?
c- Under "Config", open the "General Config..." page. On the left side of page is a box "Angular Properties."  Check "A Axis is Angular." 

How the above setting would conflict or support the SheetCam Mach3 post processor “unitsPerRev=360” parameters.

4- Do I need to install a homing sensor for the rotary Axis "A" ? If not so do I have to Zero the axis form the DRO every time I start cutting?

Would appreciate any comments.
Z
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 12:58:09 AM »
@HOOD, TPS, and interested readers,

Thank you guys for the little and yet effective power push you provided to my project

The machine up and running now :)
I have been through rough road till I reached here, with setting up the Panasonic with my CSMIO/IP-S, setting up the rotary plugs in provided by SheetCam, editing the post process, etc.
OF course the machine is not perfect, but it is suite my application.

I have a problem with X and A axis federate during the cutting, also I have a slight problem with cutting circle due to the different of speed and acceleration between X and A, since my X axis is almost double speed than my A rotary, despite the setting at Axis configuration at Mach3.

Anyway, I have to move on to the next project, retrofit 6 Axis waterjet machine with CSMIO/IP-A. it would be quite challenging !

here is a photo of the machine while running.

Happy New Year for all.

Z.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:09 AM »
Looks good :)

Regarding the A Axis, have you set the rotational diameter in Mach correctly? The axis should be working in sync no matter whether linear or rotary.

Hood
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 11:42:36 PM »
HI HOOD,

Rotational diameter or radius  !!! Hmmmm

Here are the 2 steps I did regarding the Rotary axis A:

1- set up the rotary axis A:

as per the quote

Hi Mike:
There a couple of settings you need to enable.

The steps per degree should be a simple calculation based upon the ratio of the rotary table, the reduction ratio from motor to rotary table input shaft (if any), and the steps per revolution of the motor, which is usually 200 ppr for stepping motors. Also, if you are using micro-steps, this must be accounted for.

You did not say what the rotary table ratio was, and if there is any motor reduction between motor and rotary input pinion gear.

For the rotary table to act like a normal axis, go to the "config" menu, and scroll down to the heading "Toolpath."
The upper right box is labeled "Rotations." Check the axis of rotation, usually the X axis; check the A-Rotations Enabled, and check the "Use Radius for Feedrate."
Click OK, and scroll down to the bottom of the config menu, and click on "Save Settings."

Now open the "Settings" menu. Check the appropriate boxes for Axis you will be using. The X,Y, Z, and A should be black, and the B,C lit green.
The heading in the upper right corner is for "Rotation Radius." Since you checked the "Use Radius for Feedrate" in the Toolpath menu, here is where the part Radius is entered to make the axis's move in sync. Enter some general value, like 2.00 if you are using "Inches". If you are doing a real job, you should enter the actual part radius.

As before, go to the config menu and "Save your new settings.

Under "Config", open the "General Config..." page. On the left side of page is a box "Angular Properties."  Check "A Axis is Angular."  Click OK, and go to bottom of menu and "Save Settings."

Now close Mach3, and restart. Your new settings should all be enabled, and the rotary axis will act like another axis.

John

2- at Mach3 Setting menu :
Rotation Radius :     A: +110

since my pipe diameter is 220 mm!
or do you mean I should enter my chuck diameter ?

in motor tuning my A axis velocity is double than X axis but still while running the G-CODE the axis velocity are vise versa :(

HOOD, PLS hint!

Thanks.
Z

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 03:51:28 AM »
Where is the Z  zero set in your code?  If it is the centre of the pipe the A Radius should be set to zero I think.
Hood