Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2018, 10:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Third party software and hardware support forums.
| |-+  Third party software and hardware support forums.
| | |-+  Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4  (Read 18524 times)
mkullman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2018, 11:14:46 PM »

The wireless feature is handled in the hardware level and is entirely transparent. The driver is the same for the LHB04 (wired) and the WHB04 (wireless). IE. it works for both the wired and wireless versions of the HB04.
However, the WHB04B-4 and WHB04B-6 are entirely different and this driver/plugin will not work. IE. it does not work for any version of the HB04B
striplar

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2018, 05:14:32 AM »

I've installed the driver with my wireless pendant version and most of the defined buttons do what they're supposed to do. However, the jogging doesn't appear to use the values that are set in the config for the increments. That wouldn't be such a problem except that I'm working in metric and the increments sometimes come out in metric, and at other times in imperial. It's not really usable as it is unfortunately.

Is there any way you can make this work in Metric and also use the values set in the config? If not, I'll have to buy a different MPG as I have no idea what it's going to do when I turn the handle.
striplar

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2018, 05:42:44 AM »

After a bit more testing, I think I can see what it's doing.

If you just launch Mach4 and turn on the pendant, if the X-axis is selected for example, one click of the handwheel moves it whatever the increment is set in the config in inches, regardless of whether the machine is set to run in Metric or Inch. So if the first entry in the table is 1 then it moves 25.4mm!
If you then press the selection button on the pendant to change the increment, then it seems to move in different amounts, although they are 10x too small. ie 100 moves 0.01mm not 0.1mm

So for the moment, I've set all the values in the config to 0.001 so at least it doesn't drive off a huge distance if I don't change the increment on the pendant. It looks like at the very least there needs to be a better initialisation of the first increment because it's undefined at the moment and frankly dangerous.

Ideally, it should just read from the config table and take note of whether it's metric or imperial.

Any improvement would be most welcome. I don't need any clever functions, just for the basic ones to be rock solid.
Thanks,
Roger
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: