Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:47:36 AM

Author Topic: Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4  (Read 78614 times)

Re: Xhc HB04 MPG Pendent with Mach4
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 01:28:23 AM »
I'm using the same XHC HB04 USB pendant as before and as referenced in the thread topic.
see attached.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 01:33:23 AM »
Ok, we called this Wired mach3 handwheel LHB04.

We have wireless new version WHB04B series, max support 6 Axis.

If you have friend like this.you can ask them to contact me. Thanks

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 01:44:24 AM »
ah, I was going off of the label on the front of the device. Now that I look at it closer, I see the correct model on the rear decal, thanks for correcting my error.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 01:46:41 AM »
You are welcome.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 03:15:20 AM »
 ;D I have this about put to bed as far as I am concerned.
I have all buttons of relevance mapped and functioning the way I'd expect them to, plus a few mapped to mach4 inputs for some future lua fun.
I have the MPG wheel working for both a step mode and a velocity mode.
and I have the display updating with all the correct data.

as eluded to above, the windows 10 driver signature issue still exists and will not be addressed (they want $500 for a signature certificate...  ::)) but there is a workaround I have tested and documented. and there is a Microsoft library package that has to be installed for the plugin to work.

Other than that, I've got a working solution for anyone interested. PM me and I'll dropbox you the files needed to get this pendant working under Mach4.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »
Mkullman
I am interested in your mods

Russ
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 12:52:58 AM »
Russ,
 I've sent you an email with a dropbox file link to the files needed to get this working.
Enjoy! ;D
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »
Hi Alex.

I have the WHB04B running under Mach3 and I would love to have it supported in Mach4.

Would you consider me for testing your card for Mach4?  I have sent you my email via PM.

Craig (Q*bert)

We have wireless new version WHB04B series, max support 6 Axis.

If you have friend like this.you can ask them to contact me. Thanks

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 01:40:12 PM »
Okay, I finally dived back into this after a long break.
I was plugging away at this back in September when my wife's water broke & it has taken me a while to work up the courage to pick up the pieces of my train of thought (just a locomotive and a caboose at this point).
The past week I have made a lot of progress & have something somewhat functional.
It's ugly, but it works. I can read all the needed data and display it on the Pendent. The MPG wheel works for XY&Z axis, FRO% & Spindle speed . and I have mapped a few buttons to do the basic functions I want (Estop, Start, Stop, pause, resume, zero axis, goto zero, increase MPG step amount, and regenerate toolpath)
The ugly is that the driver is unsigned and will require a few extra steps if it is to be installed on win10, I have zero interest in jumping through the hoops to be able to sign windows drivers so this will not be fixed. Also, there is an odd library dependency I'm currently trying to chase down, which can be worked around by installing Visual Studio with the Visual C++ windows SDK on the target pc.

I'm currently using this pendant on my machine and will gladly share the driver and compiled plug-in with anyone that asks for it and is willing to go through a few extra steps to install it.
message me for more info.

if you want the source, you will have to ask ArtSoft to broker an exchange as I signed an NDA with them and cannot share the code directly.

where is this driver/code available?  THANKS!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 07:35:35 PM »
tkracht,
  I've been sending the driver to the users that request it via dropbox. I'll pm you with more details.