Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:44:36 AM

Author Topic: Programming Auto Tool Change  (Read 4757 times)

Programming Auto Tool Change
« on: November 19, 2015, 11:14:01 AM »
Hey everyone. I am pretty fluent in CNC Router operations. The guy who ran this machine before had removed the auto tool feed holder and had it set to the side and always did manual tool changes. To me this seems silly when the machine is capable of Auto Tool Changes.

Only problem is I have no idea how to program it or write the program to make it do this. Does anyone have a link to a How To so I can learn how to program the auto tool change on this?

I run Mach3 1024 Screen Set. I have the Auto Zero plate programmed and operational (although it is not permanent, I am willing to make it permanent if necessary) and my machine has homing switches. From what I have read so far these are the basics needed to make it possible.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Programming Auto Tool Change
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:02:33 PM »
This is no HOW TO for doing this .   Does your machine have home switches to establish a home position ?  Does you spindle have an automatic drawbar system for tool changes ? Do you have a picture of teh spindle assy.

First the machine must have a home reference position so it knows WHERE it is in 3d space. Then you need to know exactly where each tool change position is in Machine Coordinates.

The machine must have an auto drawbar system to release and grip teh tool on command. You will need to know what outputs drive this function on the machine. Is there already a macro(Mcode) or button to do this ?

What TYPE of tool changer is it.  Linear Rack ?,  Carrosell ?? Chain, other ??  Picture (;-)

(;-) TP
Re: Programming Auto Tool Change
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 04:10:47 PM »
This is no HOW TO for doing this .   Does your machine have home switches to establish a home position ?  Does you spindle have an automatic drawbar system for tool changes ? Do you have a picture of teh spindle assy.

First the machine must have a home reference position so it knows WHERE it is in 3d space. Then you need to know exactly where each tool change position is in Machine Coordinates.

The machine must have an auto drawbar system to release and grip teh tool on command. You will need to know what outputs drive this function on the machine. Is there already a macro(Mcode) or button to do this ?

What TYPE of tool changer is it.  Linear Rack ?,  Carrosell ?? Chain, other ??  Picture (;-)

(;-) TP

Hello dear sir
My machine don't knows home reference position how can I set and also I want to use auto change tool
The machine before installing windows knows the position and picks the tools now not working please help me

I also have external usb motion card
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:13:26 PM by salimkakar »