Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:25:52 PM

Author Topic: Help with E-stop switch is not properly configured  (Read 9271 times)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Help with E-stop switch is not properly configured
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 12:01:04 AM »
Of course this is possible. Simply disable the limits that you are not using in the Mach4 Inputs configuration as noted in the previous post and PoKeys should not complain any more.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 05:23:48 AM »
I am not sure that I explained correctly what I want to achieve. I want home and limit-  to be the minimum position and limit+ to be the maximum  position using just the idc connector. The first bit is straightforward the problem I see is with the limit+ inputs. I would have to re-purpose another set of inputs on the idc connector. Say motor5 home as the x limit+ , motor6 home as y limit+, motor7 home as z limit+.  By doing this I won't need to use the screw terminals on the side of the board. My question is if this is possible by reconfiguration of the inputs or would it require reprogramming the boards hardware?

Thanks
Alan

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 11:39:27 PM »
We try to make boards as customizable as possible, but this option is not possible at the moment. There are dedicated inputs for each axis and the mapping of these can not be changed (at the moment). We will discuss this one and see what we can do.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »
Thanks for your help we did get it working yesterday. I set it up so that home and limit- were used on each axis. Not ideally how I wanted it but workable. (I would still prefer the home to be the minimum position and not the maximum.  However at least it meant that I only needed connections on the ribbon connector.

I would like to just raise another slight confusion. Setting up Mach the axis configuration refers to motor0 onwards. Your system refers to motor1 onwards. You have to keep remembering this difference when setting things up. I am sure that tidying up your documentation  etc would be very helpful.

When we finished yesterday  (just in time to get to the pub for dinner) my son and I  had the x and z axes working. Unfortunately  one of the y axis drivers malfunctioned so we couldn't finish,  but at least see the light at the end of the tunnel  :)  

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 10:44:37 AM »
I would like to just raise another slight confusion. Setting up Mach the axis configuration refers to motor0 onwards. Your system refers to motor1 onwards. You have to keep remembering this difference when setting things up. I am sure that tidying up your documentation  etc would be very helpful.

Thank you for raising this concern. The problem is that we have the axis numbered on our hardware and changing that is not as simple as correcting a display value in software. We will see what we can do.