Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:56:04 PM

Author Topic: XBox360 plugin new info  (Read 12361 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 plugin new info
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 12:35:41 PM »
Did you install the Nov 2007 DirectX files per instructions provided with DLL? It will install some older files that are needed (and works with the current version 2.4 of the plugin). You download the file, extract it to a folder and then go to that folder and run DXSetup.Exe.  It will not downgrade your current DirectX level (you are likely at DX 11). It just adds some files. Your version can be checked by running DXDIAG from search box.

Here is a link : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=317

Let me know how that goes.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »
Did you install the Nov 2007 DirectX files per instructions provided with DLL? It will install some older files that are needed (and works with the current version 2.4 of the plugin). You download the file, extract it to a folder and then go to that folder and run DXSetup.Exe.  It will not downgrade your current DirectX level (you are likely at DX 11). It just adds some files. Your version can be checked by running DXDIAG from search box.

Here is a link : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=317

Let me know how that goes.

Still nothing. I must be missing something!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:01:55 PM by knowlzy0891 »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 07:15:30 PM »
Your message says "disabling joysticks" . Try moving the Joystick.dll out of the folder. Are you using a Microsoft controller?

Things to check

1. Test controller. For Microsoft Go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers, right click and select "Game controller settings". select Properties and then select Test. Other manufacturers should include their own test programs.

2. Copy Mach3 (entire folder) off to a safe place. then uninstall Mach3 and reinstall it. Then copy the XBox360controller.DLL into the plugins folder. Then try that.

The 2 tests above will determine if the problem is with the controller or Mach3.  If it passes the 2 tests above then the problem is in software. Some files (DLLs) that are needed are not on your computer. As Microsoft has moved forward, they have replaced some DLLs with new DLLs of the same name and the new ones are missing some calls. They have also not included all the files needed. It can be tough to find the missing files.

One more thing you can try is to go here:

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows?refid=12

and install the appropriate version of the controller software (64 bit or 32 bit). That will add in any drivers for the controller that you are missing.

Another possibility is security. If you are not an administrator you may not be able to run some things. But, I assume that you are or you would not have been able to install the DirectX runtime.

If none of the above solve the problem then you may have to go and get an older copy of the Net Framework (such as 2.0) and install it. It will also copy in older missing files.  But, I don't feel that you should have to do that. 

Keep me posted.

Lee 
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 08:30:30 AM »
I looked and I don't even have a joystick.dll file. The error message says disabling thumbsticks, so it's quite specific that it's on the controller.

I ran the test and it tested just fine. All buttons work and the thumb sticks were able to test full motion.

I am not too comfortable deleting mach3 to re-install, I don't even know if I have access to the disc, or if we even have one if something were to go wrong.

I downloaded that version of the controller software (turned out to be the same one I had)

I am on an administrator account.

So all that could be left in an older version of Net Framework (like 2.0 as you said) but the IT guy has my computer today. Bum bum bum.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »
Does your message say "Disabling ThumbSticks. Problem detected. Check them..". If so, the problem is that the thumbsticks are not in the centered (dead zone) on startup.

This occurs if:

1. the controller is defective,
2. the controller has not been calibrated. This is done through testing mentioned previously.  The screen should show the thumbsticks centered and no movement when they are the physically centered position
3. either of the thumbsticks is pushed during startup
4. the XML file has a problem.

The more I think about it, the more I think that you have all the files you need.  If replacing the controller or calibrating it does not fix the problem, then send me the XML file and I will look at it..

Lee
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
I calibrated the controller. My left joystick is rouge as heck. Will track down another controller (hopefully tonight) and let you know. It seemed weird that EVERYTHING worked as soon as I disabled the joy sticks.

I really appreciate your patience and help!