Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:30:25 AM

Author Topic: PoBlocks and Stepper motor controller  (Read 3175 times)

PoBlocks and Stepper motor controller
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:54:24 AM »
Hi,

I wonder can I use Poblocks directly control a stepper motor for adjustable RPM?

Thanks!
James

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: PoBlocks and Stepper motor controller
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 01:36:04 PM »
Hi, James

Yes, you can.

Pulse engine has a long list of options and we haven't released a graphical block to support it. However, it can still be accessed from PoIL code.
Can you give more description on what you want to achieve? We might assist you then.

Matevž,
PoLabs
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »
Thanks Matevz, I am trying to make a test circuit to control two stepper motors, one of the stepper motor will run from about 100RPM to 400RPM, the RPM input is just analog variable resistor.  The second motor will triggered from first motor at decided degree at high RPM, i.e. 2 x first motor RPM, which might require acceleration and deceleration.  However, if you can show me the code of controlling stepper motors will be very helpful, I have both 56U and 57E.  Thanks very much!

James

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »
First configure the Pulse engine (activation, type, motion parameters) using the PoKeys software - click on 'Save configuration' button in the Pulse engine dialog to send the settings to the device. The motion parameters must be confirmed by pressing enter in the fields (or else the background will be displayed in red color).

Then load the attached file in PoBlocks and send it to the device. First two axes should move in two second intervals, while the third axes should move based on the analog value on the input 41.

There are four PoIL code blocks used - one to start the pulse engine and the others for setting the reference values. To view the code, simply double-click on any of them. The PoIL code reference can be found in the PoIL.pdf document in the PoKeys installation folder.

Matevž, PoLabs
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 10:58:05 PM »
Thanks very much for help!!