Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:38:02 AM

Author Topic: Assigning Outputs to Buttons - not enough outputs!  (Read 4408 times)

Assigning Outputs to Buttons - not enough outputs!
« on: August 19, 2015, 07:11:10 AM »
Hi,

I have a machine that requires 30 outputs from the controller.

I've designed my screen for Mach3 using Machscreen, and I can assign to each output button the function from the drop down list. These give me the standard functions, like reference and home etc, and I see that there are general output options called OEM OUTPUT4 ON. However, there are only four different OUTPUT options.

Does anyone know if I can create more general OUTPUT commands for switching valve etc?

Or am I going about it in the wrong way?

Many thanks

Mark

Re: Assigning Outputs to Buttons - not enough outputs!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:04:07 AM »
Don't know if this has died a death (it was a long time ago)...

You can assign more that the standard defined outputs but you need to use "Brains".... however there is a limit.... given Mach3 seems to only provide for a set number of outputs on the outputs tabs.... and 30 is rather a large number....

However you can use Modbus and you'll probably be fairly unlimited (or at least quite a large number) and you would basically create a button with a custom oem code / reference number (>1000) .... then in brains set up a button with the same oem code >>> then send that signal out via modbus to your device (or to the output).

Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning Outputs to Buttons - not enough outputs!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 06:44:46 AM »
poppabear made a plugin and screen set to manage IO. I don't have a link but if you search the forum you will find it. You don't have to use the screen set but it helps get things sorted out. Then you can use your custom screen with his plugin.