Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:24:21 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys 56U as Pendant - MPG does not work  (Read 11721 times)

Pokeys 56U as Pendant - MPG does not work
« on: August 08, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »
Dear all,

I have a Problem with Pokeys56U as Pendant.

Mach3 is latest, activated Version, Pokeys Firmware / Software was 3.1.52 /3.1.55 --> updated to 3.1.62 Beta,  OS is XP. Following the description on page 19 ff of Poscope Pulse Engine v2 docu, I tried to connect and run this 56U as Pendant, unfortunately without success. The hardware is following the schematic on page 20, but additionally i connected a 16x4 LCD which works as expected.

My problem is, that I can not enter the MPG mode, therefore no reaction if I change the switches or move the Jog.I am not using the pulse engine to move the axes (they are connected to LPT1). The Mach3 settings in Ports&Pins / MPG  in case of MPG#1 is:  10,1,10,2  but even if I deactivate MPG#1 here - no change. Or if i put in 0,0,0,0 - no change. Whenever i change something in Mach3 or Plugin settings, i restart Mach3 to be sure.

Maybe my english is not good enough (I am German) but i do not understand the text in Pulse Engine Documentation page 21:
Almost at the  bottom of the page it says in red: Therefore Mach3's Ports and Pins configuration should not be used to setup ...
The next paragraph says: Also note, that the coresponding MPG must be only enabled in Mach3's Ports and pins under MPG tab.

This seems to be in conflict (or i do not understand the meaning), anyway,  it would be great if someone could help me to get this Pendant working.

Many Thanks in Advance
Harald

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys 56U as Pendant - MPG does not work
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »
Hi, Harald

PoKeys device does not function as a LPT port extender or emulator. Therefore, there is no Port or Pin setting appropriate for use with PoKeys pins. Leave the Port and pin settings in the Mach3 MPG configuration set to 0 and set the MPG enabled check boxes.
The most important step is to enable the encoders support in PoKeys device configuration window as described in the Pulse engine manual, then map the encoder values to DROs 101 (for MPG1), 102 (for MPG2) or/and 103 (for MPG3). If you open the 'Settings' screen in Mach3, there are fields 'Count' for MPG1, 2 and 3 (top center of the screen). If you move the encoders (MPGs), these values should change.

Regards,
Matevž, PoLabs
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »
Hi Matevž,

thank you for your super quick reply. I corrected the Mach3 Port & Pins setting according to your suggestion. Then I went to Pokeys plugin configuration and double checked. Everything looks same as page 21 of Pulse engine manual. I use only one Jog which is mapped to DRO 101 as described. The values in Mach3 Settings screen are not changing at all.

Just to confirm, my understanding is, that in the PoPendant wiring diagram the switch S1 is a NO pushbutton. Is that correct understanding?

This PC was working without problem with a Logitech F310 Joystick, using Joakim Hjort's Plugin. To avoid any problem I disabled this plugin. Is there any conflict between these two plugin's?

Anyway, I am looking forward for your reply.

Best regards from Germany

Harald

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 04:05:53 PM »
The way Mach3 handles additional DROs via plugins is that plugins overwrite the same MPG registers. If multiple plugins write to the same register, it will come to a race condition. I would suggest disabling other plugins if you are unsure whether there might be an issue.
I would suggest you to check that your jog wheels function properly by closing Mach3 and checking the encoder values in the PoKeys configuration application. The Peripheral > RAW encoder values should change when you move the wheel.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 04:22:58 PM »
Hi Matevž,

as mentioned earlier, i already disabled the other plugin, but I am not sure wether I should de-install or remove some dll or ...
Checking the Pokeys Configuration Encoder Raw values, the Encoder1 values are changing as expected. I have positive or negative numbers  for speed and increasing/ decreasing numbers according to rotation of Jog. This seems to be ok.

Regards

Harald
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »
Hi Matevž,

I forgot to mention, that I checked the IO Status (in Pokeys Configuration) and also the switches work as expected.

Regards

Harald

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
Can you make sure that you have the following settings the same?

Are you using the pins of the jog wheel for any other function at the same time?
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 04:48:39 PM »
Hi Matevž,

Yes, i can confirm all three settings.  No, the Jog is not used for anything other.

Regards

Harald
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 05:10:46 PM »
Hi Matevž,

I need to correct my answer. In Mach3 Settings i found some value for MPG1 Count. It is not changing if i turn the Jog. Also it is not changing if I restart  Mach3 or the PC.
Please see the attached Picture.

Regards

Harald
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 06:31:20 PM »
Hi Matevž,

now here it is 20min after midnight, eventually i stop thinking now :-\

Fooling around with all the settings, I found that in the Mach3 Pokeys Plugin settings - Pokeys mapping  i need to un-check the Pendant Mode. Now my Jog is working!! This is very logical isn't it?
But I can not change the multiplier or the axes with the Pendant switches. The stop switch is not working as well.
Any idea how to solve this?

Best Regards

Harald