Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:45:46 PM

Author Topic: No Script Engine Found for ...  (Read 10520 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: No Script Engine Found for ...
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
have you had a look at what poppabear did with the joystick progect this one http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28149.0.html that may help

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 09:46:33 PM »
I can't get his screens to work on my machine :(
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 10:26:05 PM »
c:\Mach4Hobby\Profiles\Mach4Mill\Macros\m3.mcc

you have the .mcc file here in your post..... it has to be the .mcs file I beleive.

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 10:28:59 PM »
I tried both... it didn't matter...same error...
...Thank you for your help...sometimes it is easy to miss the most obvious things when you work all day and play late into the night ;)
...I wish it was that easy :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:31:01 PM by TimGS »

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »
Enable the mcLua plugin. 

Steve
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 11:02:24 PM »
yeah kinda figured that was a typo or something. do ya get the error with all scripts? maybe a corrupted file with the editor?
not sure if the lua plugin has anything to do with the editor. just tryin to throw some ideas out.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 11:54:22 PM »
It is the address for the images it is wrong it cant find them

local imagepathBMP =  Path .. "\\Wizards\\images\\";--Path to your Picture with name and extension

you put your script in wizards and double click on it will start with a error log showing it can`t find any of the images it does it anywhere in M4 file system
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:56:45 PM by daniellyall »

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 07:52:45 AM »
smurph.... "DOE!!!!!"   .... I will have to check that when I get home... VERY POSSIBLE... just reloaded a couple of days ago.  Thank You

Danielyall....  That's what I meant by you may encounter a Path problem....  From what I can see when running the LuaEditor.exe manually the "PATH..\" is relative to the directory where the LuaEditor.exe  was executed from.  If you run my script from a ..\Mach4\LuaEditor.exe copy the script into the ..\Mach4\Wizards folder and the images into the ..\Mach4\Wizards\images folder.  Execute the LuaEditor.exe in the ..\Mach4 folder and File>Open the script that you just copied to the ..\Mach4\Wizards folder.  Everything should work.

If you just copy the whole zipped folder to a folder, a name of your choosing (..\"YourFolderName") , including the LuaEditor.exe (included in the .zip) then execute the LuaEditor.exe in the ..\"YourFolderName" folder and File>Open the script in the ..\"YourFolderName"\Wizards folder, everything should work too.

This is a standalone script that does not require Mach4....at the moment :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:56:28 AM by TimGS »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 07:55:39 AM »
I got it working in wizards just had to change this bit local Path = "..\\Mach4Hobby" I stuck it in a lua panel in a screen set did not work but it would be good to use as a fly out tyed to a button like the one M3 has,

I think the first part has to be what place in the system the pics are

I put it in wizards what is in Mach4Hobby so I have it like this

local Path = mc.mcCntlGetCwd(inst); --Get Mach4's directory
    local Path = "..\\Mach4Hobby"
    local imagepathBMP =  Path .. "\\Wizards\\images\\";--Path to your Picture with name and extension

also for fun I put it on desktop and the path is

local Path = mc.mcCntlGetCwd(inst); --Get Mach4's directory
    local Path = "..\\Wizards"
    local imagepathBMP =  Path .. "\\images\\";--Path to your Picture with name and extension

if you look at how poppabear did his joystick progect it will show you what to do to get it working in a screen set and how to tye it to inputs,  you have done a good job with it
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:07:23 AM by daniellyall »

Offline TimGS

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 07:57:48 AM »
I looked again last night and still could not find Poppa Bear's code....Where exactly should I look???