Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:50:32 AM

Author Topic: stuck: have red led's for step/direction, but no movement  (Read 3051 times)

stuck: have red led's for step/direction, but no movement
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »
when I try to get my SEM servos to move using Mach3, nothing happens. I get the led's on my c32 to light up for step and direction, I checked with my ohm meter about checking the pins vs pinout, everything looks like it should, but no movement. It holds it's position, but no movement..... Green led flashing on the drive (DG4S)......I assume straight through pinout for the c34 board since it does not have one in the manual. I am relying on the 12vdc from the c34 to power the drivers logic circuit and did not hook up the 5vdc from the c32.

I tried using one of the other servos, and still no luck. Holding power, but no movement with axis jogging. Might try hooking it up to another driver, but other than that, I have no idea...... I have a bad feeling it is a setting I am forgeting in mach3. How can I test if the driver itself is getting the step signals, no way to get a tester on it with the rj45's plugged in.

ps
I might have damaged one of my SEM servos while tuning it, it started smoking and now has the burnt smell, and when I turn it by hand it has a spot that is pretty hard to turn, anyone have a spare or know of a good place to repair? I have a bad feeling about the cost to repair.......

thanks to anyone who can help, I am dead in the water until I can get this figured out.
Re: stuck: have red led's for step/direction, but no movement
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 03:56:47 PM »
Okay, looks like I am finding the problem, just not sure why it is happening. I checked for voltage at the c32 BOB when the step and direction led's light up at the end of the eithernet cable that plugs into the c34. I have 5vdc for the direction, and 2.5vdc for step. Now the end of the ethernet cable that plugs into the driver is not showing ANY voltage for step/direction, but is showing voltage for the 12vdc that comes from the c34 to power the logic circuit in the driver. So, it seems the problem is either in the wiring to/from the c34, or the c34 is bad? The manual for the c34 says nothing about pin in or pin out, so I assumed it was straight through? I wired it so the pin out of the c32 matches up with the pin in of the driver. I wish the manuals for these were better so noobs like me don't keep banging out heads against the wall like this.....
Re: stuck: have red led's for step/direction, but no movement
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
Nevermind, thought I had to reaarange the pinout according to the c32 to dg4s pinout, did not know to use a straight through cable, the c34dg rearranged the pins....