Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:29:52 AM

Author Topic: Double with SmoothStepper  (Read 4566 times)

Double with SmoothStepper
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:22:18 AM »
Hi

I get to the point with the smooth stepper installation that it appears to be complete. The driver has been installed, and the plugin has been located in the mach3/plugin directory. When I open mach3, I get a dialog that says, your system is showing more than one control device etc. The options are 'normal printer port ' and 'SmoothStepper_v17fe' and 'no device' * 3. I have the option of 'don't ask me this again', an 'OK Button' and a cancel cross at the top go of the box.
If I check 'don't ask me...' then Ok, the program freezes, and crashes.
If I select option smooth stepper.. and click OK, the program freezes and crashes.
If I select smooth stepper, then click on the cancel icon, I get into the program and can interact with the interface.However, smooth stepper is not an option in plugin control.
If I select smooth stepper, don't ask me, and press ok, ythe program freezes.
If I go into coffin > plugin control and activation, Smooth Stepper is not activated. If I activate it, I am invited to goto menu >plugin control to config, but the only entry there is vido monitor.

So, I can go around and around, but have no luck in trying to get this to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Russell
Re: Double with SmoothStepper
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 10:25:21 AM »
I mean trouble with smooth stepper. Sorry about spelling. Getting late here in Australia.
Russell :-\