Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:42:45 PM

Author Topic: reading modbus input  (Read 3788 times)

reading modbus input
« on: April 16, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »
So, i posted this on cnczone, but after thinking about it, thought this might be the more intelligent place to ask :P

I am hitting a massive mental block on reading modbus inputs (using an AD PLC as extended I/O via modbus).  I am implementing some safeties on a machine being used as a "production machine"... and am writing some custom m-codes to interface with the safeties.

I know that i can map the modbus I/O to the inputs under the P&P screen, and just do an "isactive" command with my vb script, but with the number of things I am going to be possibly interfacing, I am going to want to be directly reading/writing to my modbus I/O.

If someone could please help me clear the fog, I would really appreciate it.  I have done it before, but it was over a year ago, and i am just blanking on how right now :( booo :(

Thank you very much in advance!

-Nate

Hood

Re: reading modbus input
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »
Not an expert by any means but with the help of Brian I have manage to get my plc controlling the spindle and turret on my lathe. The way I wrote to an outputĀ  was

Call SetModOutput (*,*)

and to read an input from the PLC it was

If GetInput (*) then

Hope this is of some use.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:26:04 PM »
*smacks forehead*   oohh yeah...

thanks!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »
Nate! GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

You all set man? I will be up in you neck of the woods tomorrow... I have to put a new spindle in the mill at University.. If you need me Call Carie and I can go over if you need me.

Later man
Brian

BTW Beware Hood ;) He is a good guy and learning VB... He picks up fast so don't tell him to much  ;D
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:27:19 AM »
I may give you a call Brian.. still stumped on the other issue here..  there has GOT to be something really dumb going on.. i'm sure of it...  i just haven't figured out what it is yet :P

and i AM working.. why else would i be posting here? :P

-nate