Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:43:50 AM

Author Topic: PoKeys57E – Fast Encoder Problem  (Read 45644 times)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: PoKeys57E – Fast Encoder Problem
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 03:59:26 PM »
We are quite busy working on the plugins and have little time to check the forums - our official support is only through emails at the moment.

We will check the issue with the decimals. Since the translation from floating point numbers to integers is done on PC (either in Mach3 or plugin), I am hopeful that this can be solved.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:16 AM »
We have now fixed the problem with the decimals - up to 3 decimals are now allowed. Download the update 3.1.52b for the new plugin.
The plugin constantly monitors the motion parameters of Mach3 and compares them to those in PoKeys device. If parameters differ, they are updated. Specifying step value in decimals caused the plugin to constantly detect the change (due to rounding error) and was updating the parameters in device constantly, blocking the motion as the result.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 05:41:53 AM »
I’m back, after been away for Songkhran (Thai New Year) holiday for several weeks.

I tested plugin version 3.1.53, the decimal point problem is gone. However, Fast Encoder problem still there, counter is not correct when compare to Ultra Fast Encoder . even I perform slow jog.

The CNCRoom.com, the place where Industrial Hobbyists can talk and trade!
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 02:32:23 PM »
Originally, encoders support was designed for use with simple encoder switches (without a numeric dial). The fast encoders were later added for use with MPGs and not for providing position feedback of the stepper (ultra fast encoder can be used for this purpose).
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 10:32:08 PM »
Hi,

From my opinion speed of fast encoder (hardware interrupt, but not dedicated one) should be able to handle this, we can notice from the pace of counting and few error of counting.
There should be a bug need to be addressed. I know that finding this mysterious bug is not easy.

I'm sure you guys can do it, It's just a matter of time.

Thank you for your work,
The CNCRoom.com, the place where Industrial Hobbyists can talk and trade!
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 02:38:17 AM »
As I noted earlier, these encoders were not designed for such job. Even interrupt events are a limited resource and a lot of other functionality can affect the performance of fast encoders (Pulse engine operation, PoIL core operation, communication, etc.).