Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:41:13 AM

Author Topic: My Shizouka AN-S  (Read 26260 times)

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
Re: My Shizouka AN-S
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
I'd say your stepper system will be quicker if you're moving more than one tool position.

The only vid I'm aware of is this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8opxZLSAvN8
The carousel does seem to reach a higher speed, but with the Geneva mechanism, it essentially stops every tool position, but with the stepper system you should be able to hit max speed until you need to stop for the next tool.

Offline alloy

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Re: My Shizouka AN-S
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »
We got more accomplished on the mill.  Other than one very small item all the wiring is finished. 

W were working on figuring out mach yesterday and had a problem with  the Z axis limit switches.  When we homed the quill mach didn't like that much at all. Got that fixed and  we were back to running code.  Jim had the torque limits set low so we could check things out and not crash and everything worked well.

Then we opened up the torque limits in the Galil and changed the feed rate in the G code and everything stopped working.  The program starts and as soon as it gets to a point where it has to move an axis it just stops.  Tried changing the Z axis G0 to a feed move but no change. 

Any ideas anyone?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:28:37 AM by alloy »