Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:36:35 AM

Author Topic: Signal matrix for inputs & outputs  (Read 13538 times)

Signal matrix for inputs & outputs
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:04:09 AM »
Hello!

I came accross of need to reroute input signals to outputs (see the topic)

What do you think about an idea to have ins & outs in a matrix, in a sort of table having columns and rows where you can route signals just by having signal intersections checked? And even better, if you could have some logic implemented, a least AND and OR (maybe also NAND, NOR etc) would be good to have.

All configuration that is already now included separately for inputs and outputs could be merged into a same table (e.g. inputs in columns and outputs in rowss) and signal connections added in to the matrix.

Maybe you could get some idea about suggestion by looking how signal matrix has been done in ABB's PCM600 protection relay setting tool.

Juha

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Signal matrix for inputs & outputs
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:54:39 AM »
Might want to consider learning the tools you already have (;-) Mach3 CB, Macropump,Brains,Plugins,OEMtriggers, etc ,etc AS there will be NO MORE improvements or FIXES for Mach3.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:58:39 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »
I was trying to add a button on to the screen for the function I was looking for. In fact I got it done (that it almost works as intended).

To get this done, I obviously needed a screen editor.
By using a program, I got the button added, but on saving and opening screen on Mach, the page (1st, Program run) got totally mixed up. All buttons and DRO and so were almost randomly pleced on the screen. What am I doing wrong?

There are lot of things to study in the recommendation list referred as I do not even know what is Mach3 CB. It might be obvious for some, but for dudes like me, uhh...

Cheers,
Juha
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:33:07 AM by justjuha »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »
Mach CB is Cypress Basic a laungage like Visual basic. The CB editor is build into Mach3  What you need for screen work would be Mach Screen. 

(;)TP