Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:00:09 PM

Author Topic: Need help with finish cut after rough..Thank you all!  (Read 9989 times)

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Need help with finish cut after rough..Thank you all!
« on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:39 AM »
I have read and read but think I am missing a huge element to this.  This is as close as i can get.  I am trying to get a clean finish cut but am just running into trouble no matter what I do.  Ill include as much info as I can in pics

I cannot do any kind of finish cut after the first rough cut.  Next pic is just rough/finish together.  Added roughing tool and finish tool setup

rough
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/78233756?rItem=78233756
blade
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/78639176?rItem=78639176

Finish tool
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/09829151?rItem=09829151
blade
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/78233756?rItem=78233756

I scincerely thank anyone who can give me a little help

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with finish cut after rough..Thank you all!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 12:53:39 AM »
dfx posted

If I can post anything else at all please let me know..thanks again to anyone who can take the time to check it out

Also, my tool looks huge compared to everyone's....

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:34:27 AM »
i just feel like I am missing something...even with this I am having the same issue

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:40:34 AM »
Repost your dxf files as version 12 dxf since all I see is a single line on opening them.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 07:53:57 AM »
You do a rough cut and define it using the RGH button. Now you use the Fine button to define the finish pass.

Is that what your are doing!
RICH
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:21:36 AM by RICH »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 08:20:44 AM »
Or you can just do a finish pass.

Have fun,
RICH

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »
thanks rich for the dfx as I now know what plane to draw in but here is what I am struggling with

This is my rough cut, there looks like there is material left to be cut but when I try to run ANY kind of finish pass, the program says there is no material to be cut..or is this as close as i am going to get

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
thanks rich for the dfx as I now know what plane to draw in

The manual covers where to draw in detail and things not to do when drawing.
See Appendix B & C

there looks like there is material left to be cut but when I try to run ANY kind of finish pass, the program says there is no material to be cut..or is this as close as i am going to get

You need to leave material on the stock  for  finish machining. Your rough should remove most of the material before the finish.
SO you do rough machining and then use the Fine (button) to remove the remainder to the profile outline.......provided the tool can do it.
See the manual page 22.

When there is nothing left to remove from the stock you will see  a dark line following the profile.
There is a gap but the line is representing where the tool tip center is away from the stock.
The stock suface will look smooth. If the tool tip radius were, say .001", the dark line woud
be on the contour of the profile. Now if you zoom way in will see that it is actualy away from the stock some.

Do not hack at the program, read the manual. DO pay attention to the figures in the manual.
I took 500 pages of comments from replies  / posts relative to LazyTurn and even single one of them was incorporated into the manual.

RICH