Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:55:47 PM

Author Topic: Scanything  (Read 32360 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Scanything
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 09:17:11 AM »
Have a look in the Mach Manual as that will define IJ modes for you.
Simply said,   it is where the center of the arc / circle is relative to Absolute / machine coordinates or incrementaly away from
some location.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 09:30:20 AM »
In general what one needs to be carefull is that some a Wizard / Program may use the current info in Mach when generating code.
The resulting pathing shown by mach may not be what you want. The code is correct but Mach settings may not be appropriate
for the code.

From memory, which is foggy for Copycat....you are defining a lot  of incremental moves so when you decide to cut a circle at some point it is incrementaly located. So the IJ mode needs to Incremental. That is what my other reply shows.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 09:35:25 AM »
Just for your awareness:

G90 is absolute mode & G90.1 is absolute IJK mode
G91 is incremental mode & G91.1 is incremental IJK mode

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »
Copy cat DOES act strangely I was playing with it last night. It could USE a good going over code wise.

G90/91 and G90.1/91.1 should have nothing to do with each other. You should be able to be in either or and it not make a difference. AS LONG as the CAT sets up the Gcode correctly.  which it does not seem to be consistant.  Also the Rapid/cut does not set a flag correctly so that the CAT KNOWS when you have already did a rapid/cut and it ASKS you again and again.

Just a thought, (:-)TP
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »
Well RICH, I have a smile on face even though you can't see it.
Changing the mode setting seems to have solved the issue with the huge circles.
In regards to not being able to change the tool diameter etc, Mach support sent me a replacement set file for copycat and that has sorted that issue out as well.

So a huge THANK YOU to yourself and to Mach support.
This will make my life so much easier.
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to calibrate the scanything software and camera, when click run the Green and blue rings match up, but after that nothing happens, ould any please help me sort what the problem could be.

Jone