Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:49:47 AM

Author Topic: Will Mach3 run on Windows 7  (Read 6423 times)

Will Mach3 run on Windows 7
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:35:15 PM »
As a licensed user for about 7 years I have had it running on a 10 year old xp machine. Well i have had the xp machine fixed twice and now its going South again So I decided to purchase a new computer instead of putting more money into the old one. I found a Win 7 machine with a printer port on the mother board. Is this going to work or am I not going to be able to get everything working like my old system? This all started when I recently decided to add a fourth axis motor on a rotary table. I have most of it working but I still have few problems to work out.

I am almost 70 years old and do this as a hobby to supplement my Steam Engine Hobby I wish that I would of paid more attention when I was young and in school.

I just want this to work so that I can make simple parts on my converted milling machine.

Thanks

Jack
Re: Will Mach3 run on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 06:02:44 AM »
Hello Jack, If your Win 7 is the 32 bit version, you should not have any problem. If it's the 64 bit version, you will need an external motion controller...something like a smoothstepper. Btw, a good friend of mine is into the steam locomotive stuff. Very interesting stuff :)

pete
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 08:29:58 PM »
Hi Jack,
I've been using Mach3 on an Atom based single board computer running a 32 bit copy of Windows 7 Embedded for nearly a year now.
Runs better than my XP machine ever did.
The computer board has one PP built in and I use the PCI slot for another PP, aside from the initial setup probs works great.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 10:51:36 PM »
I have new problems now, since I am using a Gecko G540 controller now it won't come out of fault mode, the gecko site suggested turning off the charge pump to see if it come out of fault mode, I did that and it does go to green so the G540 should still be good.

Now does the Charge pump signal come from Mach3 or Windows?  Does anybody know how I can check to see if I am getting a signal sent out? I do have the charge pump enabled and on pin 16 but this thing has been operating strange lately and now it is not working at all and I am stumped

What can I check next?

Jack