Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:45 PM

Author Topic: Using the tooltable option  (Read 8955 times)

Using the tooltable option
« on: January 13, 2015, 03:51:09 PM »
When using the 'Tool Properties' page in the NFS Wizards, if I use the 'Select Tool From Table' option, the dropdown shows the contents of the MACH3 Tooltable as expected.
However, the dropdown shows the tool number and size correctly, but displays 'Unknown' as the description.
How can I populate the MACH3 Tooltable to display a meaningful description in the dropdown?
Re: Using the tooltable option
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 04:11:57 PM »
The wizard uses a call that returns the tool description field from the tool table. You need to edit the tool table from the mach Config ->ToolTable menu.

If you are running a Tormach system they make a change to the tool table so I cannot get the description in a wizard.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 04:34:05 PM »
Using a home constructed system, so nothing unusual.
I understand the description should be added in MACH3 config, but the issueis that your dropdown does not read the description in the tooltable.
See attached image
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 07:37:12 PM »
Have you installed mach3 in a folder other than C:\Mach3 ? I use that test to weed out the Tormach version.

Otherwise I cannot explain why it does not read the description. I simply have access to a mach3 system call that reads the tool table and the wizard can only display what it gets.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:08:04 PM »
OK, I have done some further testing.
I always install programs in custom locations, usually on a different drive to the system. It allows me to sort programs into categories.
I have now re-installed MACH3 to the default c:\MACH3 location and your dropdown now reads the description correctly.
Strange - I would have thought that if it could find the file, it would read it correctly. Maybe there is something unusual in the format of the .DAT file.
Anyhow, it now works correctly. Incidentally, the problem and fix apply to both WIN XP and WIN 7.

Thanks for your help - love the wizards.