Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:16:34 PM

Author Topic: Guitar Strings.  (Read 37627 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Strings.
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 02:12:46 AM »
Hi Terry,

As mentioned previously I am concerned with winding custom strings to fit custom instruments and they are visually different to standard strings. They are finished both ends (ferrule / loop) to a defined length and wound on a round core so cannot subsequently be cut to a shorter length.

Bearing in mind the postage cost (UK to US) is likely to exceed the value of the string if you PM me with the diameter of the music wire core (inch) and the diameter of the wrap (inch) plus the overall length (mm) and if you require phosphor bronze or nickle wrap then I will give it a go.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 10:35:22 AM »
 ;D  HIYA Tweakie I was just pulling your leg  >:D

(;-) TP

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »
Hi Terry,

Phew, that’s a relief.  ;D

To fit one of these strings (which has a loop at the machine end) to a standard instrument you would need to make and fit a short pin which is 3.5mm diameter stepped down to the diameter of the string hole in the machine head peg. Then measure the required string length allowing for ½ a turn of the machine head peg with the string tensioned. Once the correct length has been determined only then can the string can be made – much easier to buy and use a stock string.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
Really great job, congrats Tweakie  8)