Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:14:56 PM

Author Topic: Input not working on Parallel Port  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Hylan

•  11 11
    • View Profile
Input not working on Parallel Port
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:20:34 AM »
I'm almost done building my new cnc and was just starting to dial it in and get used to the new machine and software.  Then my refurbed Win7 32 bit computer died a horrible death.

I built a new computer also Win7 32 bit.  Only real difference is that the parallel port is a pci add on board and not a native component built into the motherboard.

I was able to save a machine config file off the old computer and have everything reinstalled now and the machine is running, BUT!  I have no input on my parallel port. 

Currently, I only have the estop set up so it's my only input signal.  It worked on my old computer but not now.  The odd thing is that I have it on pin 12 and the auto setup doesn't see it.  However, I had to go in and change it and check active low or it would let me reset the estop.

So it won't react to the estop being pressed, but I had to flip its state to get it to work.

I'm hoping this is something silly I'm missing here.  I'm nervous running the machine without the physical estop working.

Thanks,
Hylan

Offline Hylan

•  11 11
    • View Profile
Re: Input not working on Parallel Port
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »
One other thing I noticed is that there are two I/O numbers listed under the driver.  I used the top one as the hex name for the port.  Is one the input and one the output?  Just thought about it and I'm not at my CNC to test more so I thought I'd ask.