Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:18:50 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Demo question  (Read 12654 times)

Re: Mach4 Demo question
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 01:33:12 AM »
Hi,
Mach4 as it stands is ready for use for three axis milling and/or routing. I have not the plant required to test four or five axis stuff
but certainly all the required DROs and control channels exist.

G31 probing is a controller/plugin function. I use Warp9s ESS and G31 works fine and in the last week or two can now handle G31.1 G31.2...etc.
To my knowledge all of the modestly priced controller/plugins are G31 capable.

THC is also a controller/plugin function. It is not yet implemented by ESS. To my knowledge the Vital Systems controller is the only Mach4 ready
controller to have implemented THC.

I have heard but cannot confirm that some of the lathe canned cycles are still a bit ragged, probably not up to production use.

Depending on what machine you want to control I would argue Mach4 is production capable as is.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 03:46:21 AM »
Mach4 as it stands is ready for use for three axis milling and/or routing. I have not the plant required to test four or five axis stuff
but certainly all the required DROs and control channels exist.

G31 probing is a controller/plugin function. I use Warp9s ESS and G31 works fine and in the last week or two can now handle G31.1 G31.2...etc.
To my knowledge all of the modestly priced controller/plugins are G31 capable.

THC is also a controller/plugin function. It is not yet implemented by ESS. To my knowledge the Vital Systems controller is the only Mach4 ready
controller to have implemented THC.

I have heard but cannot confirm that some of the lathe canned cycles are still a bit ragged, probably not up to production use.

Depending on what machine you want to control I would argue Mach4 is production capable as is.

Craig

My biggest problem right now is getting the M6 command to function. I'm using a older full sized Imported mill that is was originally sold as a CNC machine but has been upgraded to CNC4PC boards. It just blows past M6 like it wasn't there. My original point was only that is harder to work on the software when it keeps timing out every few  minutes. I'm not a programmer and I don't have the time learn to be one. The only solutions I've seen involve getting into the code and re-writing it which is way over my head. I'm not trying to put the software down. I think the documentation could be better from a non- programmers point of  view. I just get frustrated having to fight with computers wen I have parts that need to get made.  

Steve
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 05:10:37 AM »
Hi,
I understand your point and there are some very good products out there...Fanuc, Seimens...if you're prepared to pay.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 06:01:26 AM »
Steve

Is the m6 macro in the macro's folder in the profiles folder

If it is then look at the gcode I have found that some post processors format the m6 in a strange way

I have
t1 m6 on one line
And
G43 h1 on its own line

M4 can have a history fit if the g43 is mixed in with a move command

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2021, 02:32:34 AM »
Mach4 by itself can not move a machine without a motion controller.
The only one you can really try without purchasing would be the parallel port plugin. I'm not sure what it's limitations are when not licensed.

Actually... the motion controller by itself can not move a machine without a motor driver... motor... electricity ..