Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:30:06 PM

Author Topic: ST-V2 5 axis breakout board  (Read 41506 times)

ST-V2 5 axis breakout board
« on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
I have been working with a ST-V2 5 axis breakout board from stepperonline. I have everything working except for limit switches and e-stop. I have read the mach3 manual several times and searched the web for answers on how to configure this board. I can't seem to get the e-stop and limit switches to work. Looking for answers on how to diagnose the problem. the documentation shows the e-stop setup on pin 10.

Re: ST-V2 5 axis breakout board
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »
Here is the link to the documentation on how to setup the board.

http://wiki.midsouthmakers.org/images/e/e2/5axisManual.pdf

when following these instructions I am not able to get the e-stop to work.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 12:25:33 AM »
I uninstalled mach3 and then re-installed and ran the setup instructions. Still not able to get the e-stop to work. Starting to think that my PC might have something wrong with it.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 04:51:43 AM »
From just a quick look at the installation instructions E-Stop is configured as Active Low.
To follow their wiring instructions your E-Stop switch should be 'normally open' contacts and only closing the contacts when E-Stop is pressed. Is this the way you have it wired ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »
I have tried both configurations and I can't get either to send a signal back to mach3 and trigger the e-stop.
I thought that I had problem with my parallel port so I setup the board on a different computer today. Same issue.
I have purchased a MB-02-V6 from Homann Design. I plan on moving forward with that board.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:22:04 PM »
I'm just setting up my mach3 interface so I could be way off on this, but....

I just configured my e-stop and limit switches. The switches on mine are all normally closed except z home which uses the touch plate.

All my switches are connected to the breakout board through the DB9 connection that tie to the breakout board. E-Stop is pin 1 and 9 on the DB9 I have all the limits and homes (except z-) wired in series and tied to pin 8 and 9 on the DB9. z- is hooked to pin 7 and 9 on the DB9.

Hope this helps some.
If you need the wiring from the DB9 to the breakout board let me know, I'll trace them out.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 11:25:10 PM »
Oh, one more thing that was driving me nuts, sometimes my ports would work and then other times not.

I discovered the power to the board was not plugged in good and was causing a intermittent open.

There should be two red LEDs lit on the board.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »
Did you ever get the Limits and E-stop working?
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 07:18:02 PM »
There is a guy selling these on eBay as repaired. He states they don't work as is. He has a web site too I think it is Hubbard cnc or something like that. He state that the inputs don't work as the board was made.
Don
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
I had the same issue, but the solution is easy:
You have to apply an Voltage on the power supply pins on the right (12V-24V)!

Then you will see another LED near the input pins is active. The Diodes in the optocoupler are not connected to USB 5V won't work without an additional power supply.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:48:47 PM by herrscht »