Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:18:05 PM

Author Topic: Pendant, Pokeys USB Board, Encoder values glitches in Mach3  (Read 3934 times)

Offline GerdS

•  42 42
    • View Profile
Pendant, Pokeys USB Board, Encoder values glitches in Mach3
« on: October 17, 2014, 08:19:50 AM »
Hi Guys,
weeks ago i finished my Mach3 Pendant with a Pokeys USB board.
So far everything works like expected, but i have a problem that my encoders value jumps up and down.
I can't see any movements in the pokeys diagnostic page, but the Mach3 Encoder positions jumps up and down for some values.
This results in speed jumps when i use the Rotary encoders for moving axis, Spindle and feed override.
Thats a very uncomfortable feature i don't realy want.  :o :o

I use the Pokeys Rotary encoder for axis moving and two ALPS 15/30 pulse/detent (STEC11B03) encoders to adjust the feed and spindle speed.
In case of spindle and feed speed, I tried different solutions to connect to Mach3.
Macropump script, Brains and the pokeys plugin to connect to the DRO's directly.
Same results. ???

I also use a double shielded cable to connect the pokeys board.
But nothing helped.

Is there any other Trick to rid off this unwanted feature.
Do i need any additional resistors or capacitors to connect between the encoders to remove glitches. ?

Thanks
Gerd

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pendant, Pokeys USB Board, Encoder values glitches in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »
Do the values jump up and down when the encoders are stationary or when these are moved?

Regards,
Matevz
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline GerdS

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:26:42 AM »
Hello Matevz
The values for the Feed or Spindle Encoder jumps up and down also without any interactions. It's a bit more after i did some turns with the encoder.
(But only visisble in the Mach3 Encoder DRO's not in the Pokey diagnostic tab.)

With the MPG Encoder, i can not see any values up and down. Only when i us it to move any axis for positioning, then some times the speed raise up to the highest for just a second.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:00:48 PM »
It appears that something is overwriting the same OEM DRO as PoKeys. Have you configured anything else?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline GerdS

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:45:58 PM »
I think i have got the problem for the Feed and Speed Override.
When i turn the knob and watch the Encoder values on the IO status tab. I see that sometimes the Encoder increment 2 values and sometimes just 1 value and with a short delay it increments to 2
Could it be, that the ALPs Encoder grid is not in sync. And is there a way to handle it. Maybe by reducing the sensitivity.
I also wanted to mention that i use a smoothstepper board.
There are some settings for the sensitivity i don't handle it right now.