Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:30:58 PM

Author Topic: M3 not working  (Read 2241 times)

M3 not working
« on: October 15, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »
Ported an existing install of Mach 3 from one machine to another... EVERYThing works fantastically except M3

I can use the spindle and mist button on the diagnostics page to start the spindle with either Mist toggle and Spindle toggle which are both set to use the port, #1 pin 17.
I can use M7 and M9 which use the exact same port configuration and M3... but nothing happens when I use M3.  Very strange, actually rather confused...

Its almost like something is mapping M3 to do something different than the setup of it under  Spindle Setup  Where I have M3, M4 and M7 setup at Output #1, and then under output signals I have Output 1 setup a port 1, ping 17.  Again m7 works but m3 does not.

If I change it up so m3 uses port 2 and setup port 2 as pin 17 same problem.

So how can something take away access to M3 and maybe M5?

Re: M3 not working
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
Also if I hit the Spindle CW F5 button on the Program Run page the router fires up.
Re: M3 not working
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »
OK so I found out how to fix it but am slightly confused.  If I use the original file 540b.xml it works fine but when I copy that file to buzz4x8.xml and start using it stops working..  Thought it might have something to do with the 540b macros directory so I made a copy of it under the name of buzz4x8 but still not working.   So its back to 540b.xml, which with a new machine coming on line was hoping to have separate names for each machine.  IS there something I need to do to get the new XML file to work (Buzz4x8.xml)?