Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 09:37:38 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys Pulse Engine setup of Spindle using PWM  (Read 4122 times)

Pokeys Pulse Engine setup of Spindle using PWM
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:48:50 PM »
I need help with my setup of Pokeys Pulse Engine control of the spindle speed using PWM.  I'm missing something, but can't seem to find out what.

The problem is the speed is never controlled and runs to max.  I have all other functions of Mach/Pulse Engine working fine.  For the PWM control of the spindle speed, can someone suggest what their settings are so I might see where mine are off?

My setup is Mach3,  Pokeys 56U, and a SuperPID controller for my 2.25 HP router.  The SuperPID works fine in manual speed control.  My scope shows no pulses are coming out of  the Pokeys (Pin 18 setup as PWM in Pokeys Configuration.)

Thanks.

Steve

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys Pulse Engine setup of Spindle using PWM
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 03:51:39 PM »
How did you configure PWM settings in PoKeys Mach3 plugin configuration?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »
Well, I managed to get the pulses coming out.  Just have to figure out which DRO to assign it to as the one I'm choosing isn't the right one.

From the Pulse Engine PWM tab, I've chosen Pin 18 and have it set to DRO Out.  In the next column,  I don't know which then to assign it to as nothing seems to be correct.  Which should it be?   What about the multiplier?

Also, what input can I use to pick up the TACH signal from the SuperPID?  I've chosen Pin 17 and tried using the IO called Index.  The Speed readout remains at zero.

Thanks for you help.

Steve

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »
Select 'Map to DRO in %', select DRO 817 and set the multiplier to the proper value. If multiplier is set to 1, DRO value of 100 will cause PoKeys to output 100% duty cycle.

Unfortunately, spindle speed readout is not supported.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope