Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:17:29 AM

Author Topic: ModIO Helo for New User  (Read 3502 times)

ModIO Helo for New User
« on: August 24, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
Let me start by saying that this is all new to me and I’m not a programmer or computer wiz; just a machinist.

I have been working with my new ModIO that I purchased from Peter Homann. I have it all wired into my system and talking to the PC. I have successfully managed to get my MPG working along with two selector switches for axis selection and jog resolution using a simple brain. Also I have a functioning feed rate override pot.

What I haven’t been able to do it to get one (or any) of the outputs to turn on and flash an indicator lamp. When I first started working with the ModIO I was using (I guess) the legacy interface in Mach. I was able to create a brain that would flash the lamp at .5 sec. intervals when the cycle start lamp was press.

After I moved to the plug-in which has the analog and MPG support built in. I have not for the life of me been able to get the outputs to work again. At this time it is doing everything I want except for driving a couple of lamps.

So I guess I’m looking for a little help from someone who knows much more about this than I.

One other question is using the legacy interface the ModIO display would work and show the status etc. but with the plug-in the display is blank?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer,
Dave