Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:21:29 PM

Author Topic: Plugin DLL Defective.Reload.  (Read 20142 times)

Plugin DLL Defective.Reload.
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
What's this mean? When I click OK it then says:
Galil-st.dll - Defective Plugin Found... ignoring...

How do I fix this so I can move forward?

Jim
Re: Plugin DLL Defective.Reload.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:18:58 AM »
I am hung up at the same point. Do you think it may have anything to do with multiple .dll files (SmartTerm and non) in the folder? I think this error is preventing the plugin from recognizing my controller, but I am not sure.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:59:55 AM »
I'm not sure. Maybe there's some unwritten rule that you have to undergo some period of torment before you can hope to achieve small successes. Somebody, somewhere, knows what this means and how to fix it but it sure isn't me. I wouldn't mind too much but this being a business application it causes stress when I can't get answers. Right now I'd happily pay someone to come in and sort this system out if they could do it quickly.

I got past it, but I'm not sure how. I completely removed all the software, did a master reset on the Galil 2160, (thereby losing ethernet connectivity) reinstalled Mach3 and tried the -st plug-in. Somewhere along the line the Reload error went away but now I have the -5 error when I bring up the Galil Smartterm. No ethernet. I did manage to connect via serial cable, (no -5 error) and can communicate with the Galil that way but the limit switches are a mess.

I can change the state of the limit switches in the Data Record by using the CN command and I can see encoder counts change when I move the motor shaft but so far nothing I've done with the LF and LR inputs has had any effect. I have +5v on the limitcom terminal (ICN2900) relative to the associated ground (COM) and it will pull the LF an LR terminals up to +5v, checking with a digital meter but that does not change the indication in the Data Record. I'm sure somebody here knows what is likely to be causing causing the disconnect. I do not think I have opto inputs. I have proxes installed on the machine for limit switches but want to get results on the bench using jumpers before connecting to those.

As for the ethernet, I've set a static IP address on both the 2160 and the PC and now have the controller registered as both a serial and an ethernet controller. It pulled up the serial number on the search. Selecting the serial registration gets me a connection. Switching the dip switch to ENET and selecting the ethernet connection gets me the -5 error. It worked before the master reset.

But my biggest problem right now is the limit switches, and nothing I've read so far has adequately explained how to get these to work. If the state of the limit switch connection on the ICM changes, what keeps the indication in the Data Record from changing? And is there a way to override so I can at least drive the motor?

Jim

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 12:40:27 AM »
This means that the Smart Term drivers are not installed.  Galil-st.dll uses Smart Term.  Galil.dll uses a built in communication library and requires no Galil software to run Ethernet controllers.

If you don't have Smart Term AND the V7 drivers installed (usually all in the Smart Term installer), then do not put Galil-st.dll in the plugins directory.  Galil-st.dll and Galil.dll are mutually exclusive.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »
Thanks Steve, so using ethernet and leaving SmartTerm closed, the Galil.dll should work then? (I have the ENET working now)

Next question, I had the Mach3 install file and the Galil.dll file in another directory, uninstalled Mach3, deleted the Mach3 directory and shortcuts, then reinstalled Mach3. Wasn't sure how to install the Galil.dll so I added .m3p to the file name (Galil.dll.m3p) which gave it the yellow flash icon and double clicked it. Seemed like it installed properly but since you would know I thought it best to ask. Was that a screw-up? (I seem somewhat good at those)

Now I have no error messages, ST works with the 2160 via ENET, using it I have commanded motion, limit switch indications and encoder counts. Both serial and ENET connections are registered. (Could this be the problem maybe? Remove the serial connection?) Reboot.

When I open  Mach3 I have the Dialog with radio buttons and select Galil, then get a reset (flashing) and message: Galil Communications begun!!
Open Config/config plug-ins, choose Galil.dll v4.6.0.0 and click config button (yellow).
On the General tab the only box I have checked is Linear Interpolation. On the Motors tab the only motor I have enabled is Z(C) Servo. No changes in the other three tabs. Click OK, Save, or whatever that button is.

Back at the first config window select Galil.dll v4.6.0.0 (only Galil there) Hit the button.

And then I get: Galil Card not connected!!

Maybe that's a clue. I'm just guessing something in the general tab needs to be enabled? (Unless it's that serial connection.) (Or unless I screwed up the Galil.dll install)

Jim
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:39:42 AM by Jim Blackwood »
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »
Deleted the Galil.dll from the plug-in directory and reinstalled by double clicking a fresh Galil.m3p file. No discernable difference, other than the file name. Oddly enough the file seems to do the same things whether it is named Galil.dll or Galil.dll.dll

Removing the serial registration did not help.

Jim

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »
Galil.m3p is just a DLL renamed with the m3p extension.  It has the m3p extension so that Mach can associate that extension with the Windows shell and make it install when you double click it.   Nothing other than that!  You can simply rename Galil.m3p to Galil.dll and copy it to the plugins directory.

It never helps to uninstall and re-install Mach to get a Galil running.  People seem to do this all of the time though.  Sometimes the registered action for the m3p extension gets messed up in Windows and re-installing Mach fixes the m3p extension association.  But I can assure you that deleting Mach, re-installing, deleting registry keys, etc...  does nothing for the Galil plugin.  It is just a DLL.

If your Galil is configured with an IP address on your local network, then all you really need to do is copy Galil.m3p to the plugins directory and rename it to Galil.dll.  There should be no other Galil plugin in the plugins directory.  Then start Mach and choose the Galil plugin as the motion plugin.  Then configure the Galil plugin and select your controller from the drop down list.  If your controller is not seen in the drop down list, then suspect that the controller's IP address is not correct and/or missing.

Setting the IP address on the controller requires that you either let the controller get an IP address from DHCP or making a serial connection to the controller with Smart Term/Galil Tools/Galil Suites.  Then enter the IP address with the IA command.  e.g.  IA 192,168,1,10 <enter>.  Then you need to save the IP address with the BN command.  That way the IP address will "stick".

Steve
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:25 PM »
Thanks Steve, I understand much better now what is going on. And I sort of feel like an idiot too since I somehow managed to overlook the controller selection box in the plug-in config window. Something simple, right? But hey, thanks ever so much for the help. Couldn't have done it without you.

Jim