Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:17:23 AM

Author Topic: Problems by using the Stepmode all Axes will move at the same time [SOLVED]  (Read 16085 times)

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Re: Problems by using the Stepmode all Axes will move at the same time
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »
Marc,

I loaded the new code and now my mill is immediately resetting. The notes say I may have to change some I/O settings if the unit was on an older release. Is there a table that says what the changes are so I don't have to guess what needs fixing?

Thank you,

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 11:55:12 PM »
I got it working. I had to reverse the e-stop polarity. Now the step function works on both the pendant and the keyboard. But now the jog does not work on the pendant. Jog works on the keyboard. I'll have to chew on that a bit. I can't think of what would cause that.

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 01:03:44 AM »
I can't find "enable USB MPG check box" how do I know if I have the latest firmware or plugin update, I think Feb, was the latest I did.
Ray.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 10:43:09 AM »
Hello i´m back with News!
I have Installed the new Update and it will work fine with Pokey57E and the KBD48CNC!
The Inputs are still changed active low / high and the Drives must be reconfigured but in my case it is now better than before!
For example when we cut out an Bolt out form Aluminium we are in tolerances in 0.002mm in all axes and all will be happy!
Thank´s for your Help! :)
Next step in a view of weeks is how it will work with an MPG beause my Customer like one for future!
We will setup this over the Pokey and i think it will work too!
When not you will read about but i don´t think so! ;D
Best Regards
Uwe
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »
@ Dresda,

please look for the Softwareupdate on the Firstpage and you will find the right one on this Link http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/dspmc/DSPMC_StepGen.zip

For the USB enable Checkbox look at the picture!
Good luck! ;)

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
This load fixed one thing and broke another. I can now step with the jog function on my pendant. But now the continuous jog mode does not work.

I have the Russian pendant that has a step wheel and jog wheel. The jog wheel worked in the previous load, but now it does not work. Mach 3 reports 'Already in Jogging Mode!!"

Can you have another look at the code to see what might be the issue?

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
I have just about given up with the whole thing and I have been servicing CNC machines for over 40 years, but not PC based, if you use the motion board in between you will have nothing but trouble, first you get one thing to work then another doesn't.
Hello Pofo,

If you're using a USB MPG (or any kind of MPG that connects on the PC and not the DSPMC), then you have to check the "Enable Mach3 USB MPG" setting in the System Tab of the plugin config. This simply overrides the DSPMC plugin's MPG logic to make room for your MPG plugin.

The message "Already in Jogging Mode!!" is printed because you didn't check the "Enable Mach3 USB MPG" setting.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Marc,

Thank you. That fixed it. All is well.

My appologies for blaming the software update.